How else would they know

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

about Salisbury Cathedral's 123m spire and old clock had they not been tourists?

886.jpg

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Google or some russian search engine:D

Complete BS.

Gatwick to Salisbury train, about 2hrs 20minute, a few trains are faster.

3. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Googleski ?
    So they came from Russia, went to Salisbury to see the cathedral then went home. Yeah, right!

Heat and KIAB like this.
  4. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

It is bizarre. The SVR are reputedly highly trained, and can clearly carry out assassinations in other countries at will.

But then they are so incompetent when it comes to trying to fob off the world's media (not to mention covering their tracks). Russia's guilt was writ large as soon as their ambassador answered questions a few days after the poisoning using flippancy, pretend astonishment, sarcastic 'humour' and a huge quantity of smirks. If they had been innocent, then they'd have reacted with concern, seriousness and a willingness to help. It's quite incredible.`

Ditto with Putin's comments yesterday - again delivered with that smirk; "We have identified these civilians and hope we can persuade them to come before the media and answer your questions..."

What a loathsome, murderous individual and Brexit supporter he is.

snigger

Lanc likes this.
  5. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

They just don't expect people to believe it, they are just mocking us with a ridiculous story and want us to know they are mocking us. We now have the leaders of both "superpowers" without any moral compass.

Allsorts likes this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

They arrived in Salisbury on Saturaday, 2nd March at approximately 2:25pm, & left Salisbury same day at 4:10pm,they then returned to Salisbury by train on Sunday morning & left at 2:50pm by train.
    Not enough time for sight seeing, & a Salisbury cathedral tour takes any from 90 minutues to around 3 hours, & a tower tour is 1hr 40min on average.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    ramseyman likes this.
  7. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

Also they didn't like the snowy slush, and they came from Russia where of course it never snows.

Heat likes this.
  8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Back in the U.S.S.R.
    They don't know how lucky they are. Buoy.

RolandK likes this.
  9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Weather was apparantly between 2 & 4 degrees, with fog clearing,then partly sunny on both days,so can't see how stonehenge was muddy.

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm with you on this one, DA.
    The whole debacle is a complete nonsense.
    If only their response to the allegations had been delivered in a more authentic manner, with passion and feigned outrage, then, at least then, we could believe what they say.

Now it's like, "well, you could have lied convincingly, but you didn't. So now we don't believe you".
    Is that it?
    Charm Trump's truth?

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Very odd that CCTV has the 2 suspects walking past a petrol station in the direction of the Skripal's house, which would only be another 7mins or 8mins walk away. This was of course at the same time they were supposed to having a tour of Salisbury Cathedral, which is few miles away.

At the same time, there is no CCTV showing them either entering or leaving Salisbury Cathedral.

13. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

This might seem a strange thing for me to say, but you can tell just by looking at their mugshot photos that those Russians are not tourists.
    Military trained, disciplined, evil look about them IMO.
    And speaking of photos, I wonder where all the photos are that the Russians took of Salisbury cathedral or it’s clock? And probably some selfies?
    If you travel the whole way from Russia to Salisbury to see the 123m spire and clock, then I think it extremely unlikely you didn’t take photos. Unless you are Russian military hitmen though.
    The U.K. is a soft nation though and an easy target for Putin propaganda.
    I hope the British police can find lots more evidence.

KIAB likes this.
  14. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

We know they are guilty the Russians know they are guilty but what's gonna happen ? Sweet FA, Putin is a bully who gets reach arounds from Trump

Heat likes this.
  15. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Good job we can still rely on our true friends and allies.

Like um...uh...

16. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I believe them.

It sounds a totally plausible story.

I mean doesn't every Russian youngster grow up dreaming of visiting Wiltshire?

On this subject though some crazy trips are genuine.

Last summer I drove to Manchester, flew to Naples, then overnighted on a 12 hr lorry ferry to Sicily, just for a meal and drinks in Catania to celebrate my mates stag do. Got up the following morning and did the reverse journey.

17. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Putin thrives on promoting the idea that the West cant touch him.

And while he has the video of Trump up to no good in his Kremlin safe he is free to do what he wants.

Nailed on that he has footage of Boris Johnson doing something unsavoury too. Hence the rise of Boris.

Sparkielev likes this.
  18. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I went to Slough once I didn't take any photo's though :)

KIAB and DIY womble like this.
  19. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Swindon is to Russian youth as Tijuana is to American youth apparently

20. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

The latest suggestion in the Russian media is that these two fellas were in Salisbury for a romantic break.

Another entirely believable theory.

Heat likes this.