In need of help

Discussion in 'Eco Talk' started by masterdiy, Sep 20, 2018.

1. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

We have a long internal hallway 10 mts, with 6 doors off, & 1 door each end, with glass in.
    At present we have 2 sunken spot lights in the ceiling for lighting. (equally spaced)
    These 2 lights are controlled by 2, 2way light switches.

So need some thoughts on replacing the lights, something different.

Attached Files:

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I forget who makes it, although my local Electric Center sells it.

Quadrant and Flat Aluminium Extrusion designed to taken the strip LEDs. Run a length along the ceiling on each side, fit with LED strip in your chosen White you can have even lighting all the way down!

masterdiy and DIY womble like this.
  3. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

If you are happy with polls suggestion as you have high ceilings you could mount them on a dado rail , and possibly remove the spots and replace with hanging baskets if your not stretching to an overskim or matching the artex

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

First job, skim that artex, then consider Polls suggestion, maybe in cool white.

[​IMG]

masterdiy likes this.
  5. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Exactly what I was thinking!

masterdiy and KIAB like this.
  6. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

2 downlights in that hall will never provide sufficient light, must be gloomy in there, that Artex won’t cheer up that atmosphere either :eek:

Heaping on more bad news ...... those old stylie reflector lamps look stupid tbh

Rip out fittings, buy new, modern looking downlights, fire rated ‘cans’, you may not need fire rated but their generally better quality than cheapo ‘pressed’ fittings. Fit quality LED GU10 lamps - Integral Classic Glass are very good, cool, warm, dimmable, all available

Yeah I realise it means cutting more holes, working out where joists are, possibly no access from above, getting cables through, etc

But in the scheme of things, you’re getting that ceiling skimmed flat so it’s a perfect time to upgrade lighting - it’s gonna look fantastic :)

masterdiy likes this.