Cheap plugs with plastic pins on work tools

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by sospan, Sep 23, 2018.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Even JJ thought it was stupid...

2. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

His reply does not in any way imply that(anyone with sense would know)!

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Very witty comedback HA, you must slay them down the con club :p:p

4. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Here's a conundrum for you chippie.

What's brown, long and sticky?

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

When you're in a hole then stop digging.
    You never learnt that did you?
    You just keep digging and digging...

6. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Could excavations provide the answer to poor plug design question?

7. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Go back to the earlier part of the discussion:

What about high power tools such as a 2400W plunge router - approx 10A at 230v whereas 22A at 110V. With the latter you will be dragging a cows tail behind it all the time. Quality flex that could handle a continuous load of that level will be so restrictive making the work so much harder.

8. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

True and not just routers, there are many other tools, that do require more juice, than what 110 capable of

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So basically you were talking rubbish.

10. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

[​IMG] If you have a poor quality plug then use one of these to protect it. If you can find for £1 its great plus you get the another socket. I keep standing on plugs especially my vacuum lead plug so I keep one of these on to protect it with a blob of silicone.
    [​IMG]

chippie244 likes this.
  11. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Damn those menstrual mood swings of yours

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So you can spell too :p:p

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Alvy, you have to admit me n chip are quite correct, that many professional tools are 230v. All you have to do is put a rcd device into the socket first, then plug the 230v tool in. Perfectly safe. Why do you think top manufacturers produce their tools to the same high standards in both 110v and 230v variants ?

KIAB likes this.
  14. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Hate the phone (resetting) and settings with keyboard

15. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

It's been 20+years of sense on building sites, once again, 110 and 240 electric encounters are very different. Something I absolutely agree with, having had both.
    Something Brits should be proud off ;)

Oh the 240 tools are produced as per supply and demand, but I'd say 3/4 of real professional tools in Britain are 110 for a very sensible reason

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

110V are for the muppets who work on building sites in the cold and the rain and can't look after their tools.

KIAB likes this.
  17. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Now, now, you just happened to describe very succinctly my main vocation o_O except I certainly do my best to look after my tools, been hard earned.

I'll accept window licker :p:p as you kindly put it earlier, but not muppet as well, that's harsh, man. :eek:

18. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

I FEEL to be left with no other option, but to wish you to be negligent, unprofessional in using DIY voltage tools and to be electrocuted eventually. "Sorry"

19. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

To lend a bit of weight to Alvy even though I disagree with him on his stance, five years ago I phoned the local Hilti rep with regards to buying a corded circular saw, could he come out and show me what they stocked? I opted for the one I preferred and asked him for the 230v version, to be told that Hilti only sell corded tools in 110v now.

20. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Cobblers, what about joineries across the land that use fixed machinery and corded tools without a yellow plug in sight?

KIAB likes this.