MASK RESPIRATOR

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by enc, Oct 10, 2018.

1. enc

enc Active Member

Iron_Mike likes this.
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Iron_Mike likes this.
  3. Richard_

Richard_ Screwfix Select

I found the GVS Elipse to be the most comfortable, especially if you're going to be wearing for hours at a time. The ones with a cannister that clips on the side tend to feel to bulky especially when you turn your head.

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I use the force 8 good mask, I agree the hazards filters protect you from are confusing, just give Screwfix a ring the operator will find out for you. I have found them very helpful.

5. enc

enc Active Member

thanks all. i bought the force 8. i understand it should be ok for my needs .

cheers

6. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Good thing with 6000,it's available in three sizes & you can use 2000, 5000 and 6000 Series Filters.

Using 3M 6035 Particulate P3R Filter & the cheaper 5935 P3R filters, plus a few others.

https://www.arco.co.uk/products/111500

Iron_Mike likes this.
  8. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

Cheers KIAB

9. enc

enc Active Member

Hmm!! Having trouble aligning the arrows on the mask with the arrows on the filter so that the filters are straight.
    Called jsp help line they say it takes a real hard twist of the filter :-/ hope it's covered for accidental breakages cause these things are bloody tight :-s

10. enc

enc Active Member

11. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Yes they are hard to turn, just ensure they are on correctly and go for it, I guess you could lightly moisten the seal with a wet finger.

12. enc

enc Active Member

I spoke with the jsp helpline who are aware of the issue. Bottom line is they are a tight fit. I think unreasonably tight tbh. Managed to get the filter in place using a silly amount of force ... no wonder they are called force 8 ... I'd say a 10 personally. To be fair to jsp their help line is very good .. a refreshing change to the international help line one encounters with Virgin media.

teabreak and KIAB like this.
  13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

My 3M 6000 mask,it's just a quarter turn,& hardly any pressure needed to attach filters.

14. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

See us Force 8 users are well 'ard!;):p:p:p

WillyEckerslike likes this.