MCB Question

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by DanielQ, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

You are struggling to fill your consumer unit, get a sparks in and either change it or put a small one next to it, where are you based i dont mind helping if you are nearby

2. DanielQ

DanielQ Member

Scotland by any chance?

3. If you work for the council as a Network Engineer, you must also be mates with the Sparks who work along side you.
    Will one of them not help you out for a few pints for few of hours.

4. DanielQ

DanielQ Member

Unfortunately I don't have any direct contact with electricians.

5. Sparkielev

Am north east bit to far

6. DanielQ

DanielQ Member

It is a shame. Anyway, thank you very much.

7. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

My point (which was not meant to offend) was that if English was your second language then that may be another issue with understanding safe electrics that you don't need to contend with.

8. DanielQ

DanielQ Member

I have no issues understanding technical documentation, regulations or good practices. This is part of my job.

In regards to your comment...."you don't need to contend with"... Can you please explain this too?

9. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

I suspect a hard working East European.
    This week...I am a plumber.
    Need a tiler ?....I am tiler.
    Following week.....yes, I am carpenter.
    Few months time...yes electrical expert.

You really could not make this up.
    I suggest everyone just ignores him....and lets him kill himself and family.
    Nothing else seems to have any impact.
    RS

10. DanielQ

DanielQ Member

A bit racist, no?

11. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

No, not racist at all.
    The truth !
    The last resort of someone who who will not listen....who does not want to listen.....call me a racist.
    I have worked with every nationality under the sun and some some great, skilled multi lingual Poles, Ruskies etc.etc.
    People who were in the death camps in Poland, people who were on the Burma railway.
    People from tristan da cuna...
    Stop playing with electrics.
    End of.

12. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

Pity you are so far. I am in central Scotland at the moment doing a rewire for a family member. Another house which has “benefited” from many DIY alterations over the years.The list of breaches too many to list here but at least the DB had a NIC next test sticker on it - must have posted to the owner to stick on themselves.

13. DanielQ

DanielQ Member

Any change you could meet me while you are still in Scotland? I stay in Perth.

14. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

I am home for the weekend but back next week - message me and I’ll see if I can help.

Magicspark, Jord86 and Sparkielev like this.
  15. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

I think a bit of help may prevent the deaths. My partner reminded me that today is Mental Health day and quoted one of her T-shirt’s - “In a world where you can be anything, be kind”

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  16. Sparkielev

I get the feeling the OP bought a house and he and his missus need a bit of help, I think he is genuine if comlec can't manage to do it I will go up had a look how far and I have been further

17. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Well done guys.

18. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Some proper decent peeps on this forum.

Bazza-spark likes this.