Confused on tile bond / pattern....help!

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Khal, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Khal

Khal New Member

Hi guys, hope you can help me out in this one, I have used a handyman re tiling , previous jobs have been fine until now! Also a little communication problem!

See pictures, tiles are 600 * 600 porcelain and aim is to tile the corridor , as you can see it widens and new corridor starts.

How is the best way to continue? The intial tile has not been set in full from the door way.

Both hallways in length are c 4m by 1.2m but are not square .

Let me have your expert opinions , before I proceed.

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

Too late now, but this would have been the perfect place for diagonal layout throughout.
    I've seen your situation look OK where the full tiles occupy the centres of each corridor, with the bits on either side of them (as you have done in the first part) ... and then joining the two with a carefully planned diagonal. That way the tiling pattern is basically the same as the walking path. Otherwise you could create some interesting pattern with a contrasting tile where the two corridors meet.

Khal likes this.
  3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

A real shame you're covering up original features..... Anyways, what's the issue? The guys started central of your hallway, what would you have preferred different?

Khal likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

What a shame to loose orginal tiles, they look stunning after being throughly cleaned & sealed.

Khal likes this.
  5. Richard_

Richard_ Screwfix Select

I hope there's a carpet on in the stairs or it's going to be a noisy clattery hall.

Khal likes this.
  6. Khal

Khal New Member

Thanks guys, re the original there were a fair few missing and on the half we had the quarry tiles.

We were following a grid pattern, but had not started with a half tile and therefore was dis jointed at the corner.

We have pulled them up and cleaned them best as possible.

Is the below correct? Or there some other recommendations?

See pic

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  7. Khal

Khal New Member

Thanks see reply below

8. Khal

Khal New Member

There is, this is an investment property and wanted to keep as low maintenance as possible.