Why.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Isitreally, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Heat and kitfit1 like this.
  2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

100% agree. The video is a hate crime if ever i saw one. The police should be onto this like a rat up a drainpipe.............................should be very easy to catch those responsible as well :mad:

3. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

It turns out some people have a sick sense of "humour".
    But the police? Really? They burnt cardboard (I assume it was their own cardboard and not stolen).
    Out of interest - does anybody know if people were arrested for the actual tower burning down?

longboat likes this.
  4. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Is crass ignorance a crime?

I bet I know how they voted in...

5. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

It's a pretty vile thing to do... but is it any worse than a prince wearing a Nazi uniform, complete with swastikas?

Cando

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Yes, "The Police". It's as clear as daylight to me it was a hate crime. The police have now arrested 5 people, so we will see what happens.

7. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Hate crime ? How ? Hating who exactly ? Everyone in the tower ?
    Stupid yes, inappropriate yes. Are these people ignorant dim witted ignoramuses...yes.
    Not sure there is a law against being obnoxious ignorant or stupid...other wise half the UK would have criminal records.

Maybe the police should spend more time dealing with stabbings, burglary, moped theft, car theft and football fighting rather than concern themselves with some vegan left wing liberal snowflake who was "offended" by someone eating a bacon sandwich within 10 feet of them.
    RS

8. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

We have plenty of other people who are above the law that were involved in terrorism or verbally supported it, - surely that is also a hate crime?
    I wouldn’t give the people who were part of the cardboard tower burning much of a penalty, even though it was ridiculous.
    Perhaps a large fine would hurt

9. retiredsparks

Don't blame Harry , most of his relatives are German.
    Prince Philip attended Nazi funerals.
    King Edward VIII was forced to abdicate in 1936, and soon took the title of the Duke of Windsor. He has always been known for his pro-Nazi sympathies. However, the extent of his betrayal could never be fully verified due to the secrecy of the Royal Archives.
    Knowing "British" history is a wonderful thing....and should be taught in schools ;)
    RS

10. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

I never thought Harry dressed as a Nazi was offensive.
    I doubt if the average person was annoyed
    All a bit of nonsense by the media and some idiots to make a big deal out of it.

Jord86, Pollowick and retiredsparks like this.
  11. retiredsparks

Heat , I agree.
    My lady wife often dresses up as a nurse ...she has no formal medical qualifications.

She is not insulting the hard working nurses in hospitals all over the UK.
    But, I can tell you one thing...it sure makes me feel better !:cool:
    Rs

Heat likes this.
  12. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

:p:p:p

I also think she looks well wearing it.
    I can’t make Friday this week. :(

chippie244 likes this.
  13. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

There is no way that is a crime ... some woman earlier was saying it was racist!

Vile, offensive, sick ... yes, but never a crime. Two days ago the police were saying about how they should be using resources and now they start on this.

Last night in Lewes they burnt effigies of May and Johnson - perhaps that should be investigated too? And what about Roman Catholics being offended thousands of times every November when Guy Fawkes is burnt!

Heat, Jord86 and chippie244 like this.
  14. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Hopefully no more than a slap on the wrist. I mean, the social media has already condemned their lives to hell.

To their credit, these complete twits did seemingly hand themselves in to the police.

15. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Yes, I believe it is. Your point?

16. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Poor RC's - they don't like it when the tables are turned :)

17. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Ideally to the point of apoplexy.

18. Pollowick

In the case of GF - they even join in! Do you ever hear a complaint about it - NO.

19. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I agree, I didn't start this thread as a witch hunt for those involved, I started it purely as a "how sick can people be", the making of said tower and even putting figure in Windows is one thing, but the verbal comments are even sicker.
    Fined or not, they will be ostracized by their fellow neighbours and friends. (Hopefully).

20. Pollowick

Fortunately most of the parties in Officers Messes and Wardrooms are out of the public gaze! The press would have a field day if they knew what went on - a party is a party, and dressing up as a tart, vicar, Nazi, gay ... does not mean you support or agree but are just entering the spirit.

Heat likes this.