Veritas 8 Compact house alarm

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Greenveg, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Greenveg

Greenveg New Member

Hi,
    I have a Veritas 8 Compact house alarm, and I would like to permanently disable one of the zones, so that I do not have to do it every night. I have the engineers code.
    Regards.

2. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

what zone are you linking out

3. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Option 48, choose zone number to be disabled, press prog.
    Or just link it out into panel.

4. Greenveg

Greenveg New Member

I want to disable zone 2, which is in my hall. I live in a bungalow. I would appreciate which numbers to press, step by step.

5. Greenveg

Greenveg New Member

I rang the local company who fitted the system, and he went through the routine over the phone. He told me to enter the engineers code, then 51. He then went through a couple of numbers, I think 21 and 12. The result is that when I leave the house, I press the Full button to alarm the system. At night, I only need to press the PART button, no code needed. As you previously stated, this makes a quiet clicking sound. Zone 2 is then omitted. I would like to thank you all for your help and advice.
    Regards.

6. layman

layman New Member

7. layman

layman New Member

I don’t know if I’ve posted this correctly as I’m new here. I’ve inherited a Texecon alarm system. I think it’s an oldish Veritas 8. I want to add an additional keypad but there are no dip switches on the control panel to address one. It say Texecon D5010-02.05 on the. PCB. Can I still fit an additional pad? Any replies would be most grateful. Many thanks.