A further Trumpian step towards despotism.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Sack Sessions, and ban a CNN reporter who asks awkward questions.

This is supposedly in the world's largest democracy.

Good lawd.

And yet well over 30% of the American population would follow him anywhere; into battle, over a cliff, to a chanting fascist rally - anywhere. If Trump were to arrange a public lynching of an Hispanic, I fear a sizeable crowd would cheer him on.

Which is why it is no great surprise to me that most Leavers will also never change their minds about how they voted - regardless of evidence, values, morality, anything.

It's now a cult.

2. Here they put a blanket ban on reporting here and if someone asks awkward questions they get jailed.

3. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

You are 100% 'Trump' in everything you say.

Step 3 - the conspiracy theory :rolleyes:

(I'm pleased to report that your 'excrement' comment remains on this forum for all to see.)

4. Need a bigger hammer

Need a bigger hammer Active Member

Where is "here?" It's certainly not the UK...

5. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Allsorts refers to the High Court Injunction for someone who remain un named. I agree with his observations concerning DT and US policies towards the Press, but the American people have the president the foolishly voted for. All that can be hoped for is that DT's excesses can be controlled by the lower house. Allsorts, why do you mix issues? keep Brexit and US policy separate, they are separate, US voters did not have a vote in the Brexit referendum and we did not have a vote in their elections. Keep on rubbishing Brexit if you must but try to understand the views of the 52% of the population who voted to leave, it is known in most countries as Democracy. I voted leave but I understand your fears and frustrations at the current circus being played out by Ringmaster May.

6. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Oops - I actually thought Deleted member 11267 was referring to the SF forum... :(

Soz, Deleted member 11267.

I guess 'jail' is a bit harsh for forum abuse now I re-read it.

What were you referring to Dobbs?

7. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Ah, but they are not separate. Not at all.

The parallels are total, right down to the type of person who voted in each.

8. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

We therefore could compare the people in the U.K. that voted Remain with Americans that voted for Hilary Clinton.

kitfit1 likes this.
  9. Richard_

Richard_ Screwfix Select

It's remarkable how Trump is so adept at deflecting attention and how the press comply. Today's US news is about a reporter having a dingdong which means the Attorney General getting fired is near enough ignored. Haven't they realised the best thing to do with a bully like Trump is to ignore him?

For what it's worth, IMHO the reporter was being a bit of a prat - but in saying that I'm feeding the Trump distraction narrative.

Edit - The forum filter doesn't allow dingdong as two words!

chippie244 likes this.
  10. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Not just your sides by the look of things.

11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

To some degree I guess there would be an overlap, yes, even if only since it would be the least bad option.

But only one side is a cult. On both sides of the pond. Sheer dedication and compliance - even trotting out the delusion and lies.

12. Richard_

Richard_ Screwfix Select

Both sides are fanatically deluded. The remain campaign was just as good at creating fictional narratives as leave.

PhilSo likes this.
  13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Really o_O

14. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Didn't work though, did they.

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

No, it was the truth.

16. Richard_

Richard_ Screwfix Select

Project Fear v Project Fantasy

Armageddon v The EU will give us a cushy deal with extra sprinkles

What was David Davies promise? Something like it'll be the easiest trade deal in history?

It was lala land on both sides

17. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Hardly comparable, Richard?

But, fair do's - the Remain campaign was truly pathetic, and still is.

Anyone been listening to Radio 4 in the morns? At around 7.20am for the past few days they've had stories from veterans or - if departed - their families. One guy joined up with all his mates from the local cricket team. Sitting in their bunker one day, they realised they needed more biscuits (how British...) so drew lots as to who was going to cycle off to get some - which meant climbing out of their bunker and cycling along the top with the inherent risk of basically being snipered at. Anyhoo, the protagonist drew the short straw and off he went. He returned - with biscuits - to find a shell had hit the bunker and all his mates were dead.

What? Me write a post without reference to B*****? No chance; the other common theme in many of these stories is the dismay of the story tellers at the loonacy of the UK leaving the EU and how that is not what their folk fought and died for - "lessons are not being learned from history".

18. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Saunders, Clinton, Trump. Hmmm

19. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Hmmmm?

20. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

And?