Overide for led floodlight

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Alan sherriff, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Alan sherriff

Alan sherriff Active Member

Is ther an led Pir that has not got mains lead as I want to Bing a permanent live to switch on as required by bypassing the pir

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

This is one of the limitations of the modern LED floodlights with PIR, they all seem to be sold pre-wired and sealed. Invariably they are permanent live and neutral only. There is an override function on some whereby the flood can be made to stay on by switching it off and on within 3 seconds but to cancel it you turn it off for more than 10 seconds then back on again then the PIR resumes but tbh this is not a user friendly function. You may be better off purchasing an LED floodlight without a PIR and a separate standalone PIR to switch it, then you can build in an override to switch it on without the faff.

3. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Thats what we do, a separate PIR, the ones that come build onto floods are naff anyway, they have spent all the resources making the LED as good as possible the PIR sensor is overlooked. I have bodged floods in the past and replaced the flex with some 4 core and a connector or two inside to get the override to work.

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

L1 and L2..L1 being normal operation and L2 being override - aye attention to cabling to luminaire is indicated when going this route. Forget all that switch flicking and stuff to induce perm on - its pants..:)

unphased likes this.
  5. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Welcome back JP you been away a while hope all is ok

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Thanks Mr S..all ok, and I trust everything is ok your side m8

7. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Am good thanks JP