Remembrance - Trumps new low

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sospan, Nov 10, 2018.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

On a day when the heads of Germany and France signed a reconciliation treaty in France, Trump cancelled a visit to an American cemetery because of the bad weather. However, several members of his White House party whom travelled with him, managed to get there.

So rather than paying respects to his troops that fell in the rain, mud and cold of Flanders what did Trump do instead ? sat is his hotel room time doing - sending tweets about the Fox News and his political opposition.

Unbelievable

Jord86, chippie244 and Sparkielev like this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

And there I thought France and Germany had reconciled their differences years ago. ;);)

3. Richard_

Richard_ Screwfix Select

Perhaps his ankle bone spurs give him grief in the rain?

Kerching! It worked, he's centre of attention. He got us to play his game. The best thing is to ignore him.

We really would be better to talk about tea. I do like a good Earl Grey.

4. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Not too keen on the Earl Grey, prefer a camomile and apple fruit tea. Your wish is granted Richard.

5. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

He is repulsive indeed.

But why does it take his failure to attend that memorial service for folk on here to find flaw in him? I mean, he wasn't trying to be disrespectful - he probably did want to go - but he does have a 'hair' issue which the elements don't treat kindly.

When there is soooooooo much more about the man that is so repulsive, so repellent, so divisive, so dishonest, so Orwellian, so dystopian, so despotic, so misogynistic, so racist, so bullying, so utterly utterly fake, why pick on his consternation at the weather?

Especially when - AND I HAVE NO DOUBT OF THIS AT ALL - the u-s on here would vote for him were they able to.

6. Richard_

Richard_ Screwfix Select

Not forgetting the smokey warmth of Lapsang Souchong - perfect after a long walk on a cold damp autumnal day.

7. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Weather too bad for a helicopter ... absolute *****x. Not enough time to "organise" a motorcade, more ******. There would have been his motorcade to go from hotel to helicopter, so why could it not just carry on?

We have to remember that Trump was exempted from military service on health grounds that were so severe he could ounly play squash, football (AMerican), tennis and golf whilst studying and that his contemporaries got their physical exercise in Vietnam.