Dribbling satinwood

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by JLS, Nov 20, 2018.

1. JLS

JLS New Member

hi, I am a complete novice and have just started to cover some dark stained wood in my hall.
    I sanded and applied Dulux primer and undercoat yesterday. Today I have painted over with Dulux satinwood. I just looked at it an hour after completing and the satinwood doesn’t appear to be adhering and is dribbling in places...help!!!

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

It's adhering ok you have overloaded the paint. Have you used the oil base or quick dry version also was the primer and undercoat quick dry or oil base.

3. JLS

JLS New Member

They both appear to be quick dry...the satinwood says that and the primer says dry in 39 mins so I guess that’s quick dry.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Quick Dry is a lot thinner than an oil base paint, apply your coats thinner 2 thin coats are better than 1 thick one but you will probably require 3 coats to look any good first time around.

5. JLS

JLS New Member

Thanks for your help, just as well this is only on the bannister so i’ll Do it thinner on the rest. Should I sand the dribbling down once it’s dry and apply a thin coat?

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Yes that would be ok.