(forthcoming) Chriiiiiiissssttttmmmassssss!

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by AlvyChippy, Nov 20, 2018.

1. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

2. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

:D :D :D appears that way :p

3. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That's just what RS is looking for, if only there was some way of telling him. :p:p:p

DIY womble likes this.
  5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

If one person is lucky there is a single Festool Df500 domino machine at £495. If you go via topcashback you get another £20 in rewards.

6. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

I think sospan is talking about this one... its 110v though so maybe not for all.

Priced at £618 if you choose the "used one" from Amazon. Take 20% off as its a Warehouse Deal = Under £500

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Festool-DF...=UTF8&me=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1543239284&sr=8-2

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

and go via TopCashBack to get another £20 off. I you top up with a voucher on Amazon before hand you get another £5 as well

8. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

I have 95% of the parts of a JCB and will rebuild it in the warmth of my dining room and then drive it out through the patio door.

DIY womble likes this.
  9. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

At £510 on evilBay
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201172235909

10. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Troll sissy time already?

11. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Damn trolls :(

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Ignore them Alv

AlvyChippy likes this.
  13. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

AlvyChippy likes this.
  15. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

not a problem!

:( unfortunately my chisel set bought from Japan directly (to avoid semi- fake "Japanese" ones on fleabay), hardly is going to be under my festive tree on time... more to the point- I hardly going to be able to blow my trumpet about them before the less festive season starts :p :D

any good? :D

16. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Gents, I'm rather emotional as a teenage girl:p
    THEY ARE HERE! excitement of holding ("Bench" Japanese, "hand crafted chisels") in my hands got better of me :oops: never once in my life, have been so exited by none other hand/power tool, regardless of price ever!

Can not imagine as why or how I managed couple of decades using "ordinary" ones... simply amazing feel to them... but that "handicraft" rather have stayed in manufacture, not sharpening, as clearly, they used water stone and cutting surfaces are not up my standard (even razor sharp edge they have), will have to spend good evening sorting this issue out.:rolleyes:

Them ordinary class "nomi", my mate had, that I used for "try out" felt almost as good, hence not sure (apart from my ego), if it has been worth double/triple the money and extra effort importing them own-self... I just wanted to specify my own sizes (much bigger, than those in normal sets) and I wanted to be sure of getting genuine ones, as there are known instances of "fake" ones.

In short, for anyone- I would recommend even cheaper ones, than all those Stanleys and Marples etc

Enough mumbling, very merry Christmas (it really is to me already :D)

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It reads imperial for right handers though, to set a metric depth you have to turn it around and read the metric scale upside down.
    Nice bit of kit for the money but I'm sure someone has had a spanking. :eek:

18. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Good job I can cope with that................ being ambidextrous! ;)

chippie244 likes this.
  19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What voltage were they?

20. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Not even a bit funny :rolleyes:
    But then, i don't know, what my reaction out of such jealousy state would be :p