Immigrants in little boats.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

You understand perfectly. 100%. No question.

2. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

I guess they ( the French) won’t give a monkeys and they will ignore all the ‘rules’ about migrants, economic or otherwise claiming asylum in the first country they enter so it is clearly up to us to protect our own borders. Hence the answer is nothing as far as I can see. What do you think will incentivise them?

Allsorts likes this.
  3. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

I dunno - a huge shedload of cash? A trade deal that is tweaked in their favour? I dunno. We have summat in common - we don't know how to sort this.

So, how will the former GB sort it?

(PS - thank you Ramseyman for reply properly).

4. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Most of them come by truck and the french do fek all to stop that. So don't know why you are so concerned about a few arriving by boat.

5. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Only one, that would work is to grow "a pair" in burning political establishment to the ground... Alright, I agree they are 99% in numbers and 66% in intensions-
    charlatans, leeches, pretentious "nation servants"... Lol ( sort of proud of definition, I've come up with)... I still don't see as how people or politicians are meant to do what to not to harm country economically, post clowns circus fooled, divided the nation in to vote in the first placeo_O
    ...:rolleyes:
    BoJo, Nigel crucified in front of parliament Square would makes us friends and allies of French...:p :D
    But, I'm too busy to protest, got to work and earn to pay extortionate bills...:cool:

6. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Since the referendum and all of the project fear promoters, I have noticed that the sky is still where it was 2 years ago and it will still be there in 2 years time.

retiredsparks and Gringo28 like this.
  7. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

1st two words of my post take away any personal attack.

I have to say Gringo28 has you banged to rights here.

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Wrong way round though DA. I think it's better to look at Trump becoming Pres as a result of the political situation world wide rather than blame him for Brexit (which you seem to take every opportunity to do)

9. joinerjohn1

The French will simply carry on as they have for many years and encourage more "migrants" to leave their shores on that 21 mile journey across the busiest shipping lane in the world.
    I thought the EU was getting a " huge shed load of cash" from us anyway (or is that bound for German coffers?) France can't have a trade deal tweaked or otherwise in their favour (as well you know) That would be against EU rules (you know the ones France has ignored for years)

10. greenback78

greenback78 Active Member

Not sure I follow. Paying relocation packages isn’t protecting jobs? We’re moving the people wherever we can. No point losing expertise. Although you clearly don’t believe in experts ;)

Allsorts likes this.
  11. joinerjohn1

What are you going to do with the people who don't want to relocate ? Gonna be difficult to keep them in jobs. (or have you not thought of that yet?)

12. greenback78

greenback78 Active Member

We will have to make some redundancies in a no deal scenario. Fewer with some form of passporting and ideally a Norway style solution would maintain the status quo although some non-UK citizen staff have requested to relocate as they are concerned about their future status. We pay enhanced redundancy but we are pretty unusual in that e.g. for 5 years’ service you’d get your notice plus about 3 months’ salary. Benefits of a very strong workers councils in France, Germany, Belgium and Scandinavia. Not all will be so lucky.

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I've got a very simple question for you too.
    Are you aware of the bi-lateral agreement the UK and France (nothing to do with the EU) have signed regarding border security between the two nations?
    A simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice.

14. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Shore under water (beech) mines on both sides of the channel would stop undesirables :p
    5:40

15. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Is that over and above the one i posted.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

These things need to be bumped once in a while.
    I wonder why he hasn't addressed them yet?
    Could it be that if he is aware of it - and I'm sure he is - then the premise of his 'simple question' is intellectually dishonest.
    If he genuinely isn't aware of it then he should be, as it's been pointed out to him several times now.

I'd put money on the former.

17. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

The one made earlier this year? I have heard of it, yes. Why?

18. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

That's precisely what I asked about. How will this situation improve should we Brexit with no deal, causing economic damage to both us and the EU?

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

That's a start. So, you've heard of it, can we take that statement to mean that you are familiar with it, or that you are merely aware that such an agreement exists, but, remain ignorant as to its effective implications?

20. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

You would have voted for Trump given the opportunity - of that I have zero doubt.

You can 'look' at that statement any 'round' way you like - its almost certain factual content will not change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.