Immigrants in little boats.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

You clearly think have a point you think you can make, so why not make it.

2. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

What a shame - SF has merged the two completely different threads, so JJ has missed another chance to answer it - jeepers, the lengths I go to for that guy.

Anyhoo, while we wait for him to summon up his best answer, here's a recap of the latest orangeisms - it's pretty astonishing (and I don't mean that in a good way).

A very one side reply by someone who clearly voted remain.

Ahh thank god we didn't have any experts on our side then.

Back on track now about these illegals trying to cross the channel. You do realise that most of them are not refugees escaping war in whatever place they came from. They are economic migrants. They stopped being refugees the moment they set foot in Europe. Allowed to claim asylum in many of the countries they have undoubtedly passed through. Tell me I'm wrong....... Perhaps DA should change the title of the thread to " Economic Migrants in Little Boats "

The rats are jumping ship even before brexit has taken place.lol How amusing.
    As if anyone didn't realize where their true loyalties lie.
    Feathering their own nest!
    Lets all hope that after brexit and the uk is thriving they won't be allowed back.

If a no deal brexit is as bad as the fear monger remoaners suggest then why would any economic migrant want to come here?
    You must think they are stupid. Must admit it would be very amusing to see the dingies going the other way.

There is little point on having debates with the Remainers on here because the more vocal Remainers just won’t change their minds or accept the vote went against them.

This load of hogwash from an extremely pompous and patronising bloke who cannot accept democracy.
    Says all we need to know about europhiles.

Most of them come by truck and the french do fek all to stop that. So don't know why you are so concerned about a few arriving by boat.

Since the referendum and all of the project fear promoters, I have noticed that the sky is still where it was 2 years ago and it will still be there in 2 years time.

The French will simply carry on as they have for many years and encourage more "migrants" to leave their shores on that 21 mile journey across the busiest shipping lane in the world.

I thought the EU was getting a " huge shed load of cash" from us anyway (or is that bound for German coffers?) France can't have a trade deal tweaked or otherwise in their favour (as well you know) That would be against EU rules (you know the ones France has ignored for years)

I think it's better to look at Trump becoming Pres as a result of the political situation world wide rather than blame him for Brexit (which you seem to take every opportunity to do)

3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm getting to that.
    Well, I already have made the point but you refuse to acknowledge it, as usual.

So, I will ask again.
    Are you familiar with the bilateral agreement, or not?

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Oh dear.
    I think it's about time you brought out the Branston.

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Not this old chestnut again DA. Christ sake man , get with the program and get a grip on reality ( or at least start living in this reality, not some imagined one )

6. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

How much detail would you like me to have!

7. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

8. joinerjohn1

Yes a shame they didn't actually merge the two threads. What they have done is to delete the second thread completely and redirect to this one. From memory, I believe you think these " illegal immigrants" are fleeing war, persecution etc,etc. Yet you refuse to accept that the moment they set foot on EU soil, they were actually safe, therefore didn't need to flee another thousand or so miles. You also seem to believe they want to come to the U.K. because they speak English instead of French, Italian, Spanish etc, or have relatives already here ( more than likely unknown to U.K. authorities)

9. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

The reality is - you would. As you would for Le Pen.

No question, at all.

I have to confess to admiring your speck of honesty in not simply fibbing and denying it outright just to get me off yer back - meta speaking. But you cannot - I'm guessing your loyalty to ideology of the orange one rates higher than a white lie.

I'm not just teasing - this is important. I know why you voted Leave and have been an ardent, die-hard supporter ever since. It transcends mere issues like economics, 'sovereignty', 'control' and all that feigned BS.

10. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Ya wee fibber, ya. Again. Won't you ever stop?

I have never suggested anything of the sort. I have not suggested what the origin or cause or purpose or intent or nuffink about these people, only asked the very topical Q - how will this 'major incident' be improved or sorted once we 'off-well-'ard and leave a damage UK and EU in our wake?

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I thought the 'bilateral' bit that you so disingenuously omitted from your OP, would be a good indicator of that.
    In fact, the whole thing has been proven to be rather spurious as I'm sure you would agree?
    If you are honest about it anyways.

You could however prove me wrong by admitting that you were genuinely ignorant of the matter.

12. joinerjohn1

I truly think you should seek help DA. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

lol

Did you ever think the job of a cult leader would be this tough? You must despair at the orange mutterings of your flock; just how red and bloodied your forehead must be from all the unavoidable facepalms. Ye cannae choose yer flock, y'know - if you lower the barrier that much, you'll get the JJs and RS's and Mr Has and Fillydoos.

And you, yourself, are soooo careful, simply casting in the odd 'like' to keep them feeling valued, whilst you, yourself, take care to not engage in an evidence-based discussion with, say, Btiwan, and you, yourself, only cast snide asides at threads which have content by Remainers. (Oh, the windfarm is doing really well, thankyoo. Want to know the awards they've deservedly won this - oops - last year?)

14. joinerjohn1

DA, you did state on the now deleted thread that you thought the reason many of them wanted to come to the U.K. was because, they would feel safe here and liked the British sense of fairness etc, etc . Many of them can speak English and many of them have relatives here. Christ sake man, you only posted this last year.

15. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

So, given the current success of this bi-lateral agreement - culminating in the current and on-going 'major incident' (it's ok - I do think that's overstating it a tad :rolleyes:) - once we leave the EU with no deal, causing carnage in our wake, how will this situation be managed or improved? How likely is it that the French are going to help us compared to now? What will the UK have to do to stop all these wee boaties apart from using your hopefully-flippant gun-boats?

Seriously, I insist; after you - you answer first.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  16. joinerjohn1

I can see I'm going to have to start screenshotting DA's replies from now on. ( just hope my iPad has enough memory)

longboat likes this.
  17. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

In reply to someone else's utterly cynical and totally unjustified assumption of these folk (it wasn't you by any chance?), I asked whether instead it could COULD could MIGHT POSSIBLY BE any of these other perfectly credible reasons why they'd wish to come here. (What were they? They might speak English and not French/German/etc. They may already have connections over here. What else? They might still think that GB is a 'great place'! Lord help them.)

As much as I may sympathise with many of them, I don't know them personally, JJ.

Ya great big fibber ya.

18. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

.......or long life battery. :oops:

Allsorts likes this.
  19. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

No need ya wee fibber - I give honest replies.

20. joinerjohn1

So, now you think migrants crossing the channel in inflatables isn't a major incident ? Man, it's the busiest seaway in the bloody world and these people are trying to cross it in inflatable dinghies.
    How likely do you think the French are to help after we've departed ? Personally I think the French will see a boom in the sales of inflatable dinghies and outboard motors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.