Immigrants in little boats.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You are an extremely cynical individual aren't you?
    Oh, and we can also add biggot to your list of attributes too.

2. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Allsorts, that's the problem. None of us who voted knew what we were voting for. The mis information and straight lies by both sides clouded the issues. You nor I can be sure of the outcome of the position we support.

3. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Blimey.

No, Longsie, I am not a cynical person by nature, not at all.

When evidence plants itself firmly at my feet, I'll call it for what it is. You took an unusual level of interest in that windfarm thread - and we all know why. You seemingly had a look around at the back-stories and came back only with EDF's wholly misleading take. As I said, I'll call your behaviour for what it almost certainly is.

Bigot? Wrong again. We have a major difference of opinion, but I will take on evidence from both sides. The u-s's Brexit call on here has now't to do with evidence, tho' - now't at all. Zero.

Two threads (now 'merged'...), 11 pages, over 200 replies and none of your folk have yet to answer the most simple of questions - about a situation that they still blindly continue to cause.

4. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Thank you for the concession, Bob - it is appreciated.

I agree - folk didn't know what they were voting for. Yes they 'knew' it was for 'Leaving the EU', but they didn't have the beginnings of a scooby what this actually entailed and what the consequences would be.

Yes, both campaigning sides were awful and misleading, but you are not suggesting it was anything like to similar degrees, are you? Please don't try that one because you just won't get away with it; that little fellow has been firmly nailed down and only the u-s would still try it on.

And I would also agree that no-one knows what the possible outcomes would be from the various, er, outcomes. But, you do know that the overwhelming evidence does present a pretty clear picture, don't you?

5. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Ho-hum - what a card.

I guess it beats having to answer Btiwan on the economy and anyone else on anything else.

As a cult leader, you are a bit pants.

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Never in similar degrees. Just look at the amount of money spent by each campaign. Leave spent far less than half of Remain's campaign funds.
    Project Fear, obviously failed to scare as many people as Cameron thought it would.

7. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

The delusion is complete, but only 'self'.

JJ, please stop. You are looking foolish with virtually every post you make. Sooooo foolish, in fact, that you don't even seem to realise it how foolish you come across. That's crazy-foolish, man.

Even your cult-leader cannot bring himself to 'like' your posts, so nutty are they.

Please stop.

8. joinerjohn1

DA, please tell us just how much each respective campaign spent . ( he won't)

9. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

The Electoral Commision appear to confirm the aggregated spend by Vote Leave and Beleave was £7,449.079. I cannot find anywhere the Electoral Commisions confirmed position on the spend of the Remain campaign, although a figure of £14,496,806 is being stated in some quarters and indeed the Remain campaign has been fined so there was clearly incorrect returns/overspending, the question is exactly how much.

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Leave campaign also fined.

11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

JJ, the information you require is out there, along with all the rules that govern electioneering expenses, who is permitted to contribute, what the money is spent on etc. It's all writ in stone, and is all available to view.

Once you find this information, you could then try and see how each 'side' behaved within these parameters. When you do this, for once be selective on your sources of information - but not on bias as you clearly normally do. Instead use trusted and reliable and impartial sites. These are easy to find. Dead easy. You actually cannot avoid them unless you try really really hard. So stop trying.

So you are right - I won't. But it'll do you a lot of good to do so. (But I'll bet you my last dollar you won't)

Promise you'll come back and report once you've carried out some honest impartial investigation.

And also tell us how you'll persuade France to stop folk going out in wee boats.

12. joinerjohn1

You tell us why the Remain campaign were allowed to spend double what the Leave campaign were allowed to ? Does this sound democratic to you? No of course it doesn't . You'd be the first to kick off if the Cons and Labour parties were allowed to spend £70,000 each on the next general election campaign in North Devon and your beloved Lib Dems were only allowed to spend £35,000.

PS, you tell us how you'd persuade the French to stop illegals going out in wee boats (as opposed to " folk"

13. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

"Allowed to", was it? :rolleyes:

Tsk, JJ - I helpfully told you what to do, but you just won't.

Here's a start: https://fullfact.org/europe/whos-getting-taxpayers-money-eu-referendum/

What each side spends is ultimately up to them and how well they can fund raise, provided they do so transparently and within the limits for each group within and don't transfer additional-over-the-limit funds to groups doing their bidding.

As I understand it, Remain groups got fined around £19k-ish for overstepping this and Leave a shed-load more. This isn't because it's 'boo-hoo unfair', but because Leave are a much more slimy bunch (that's the correct fiscal term).

(And I look forward to finding out just where Leave's funds actually came from; I know, I know - innocent until proven guilty...)

Stop whining, JJ, do your homework and come back with your 'sources'...

14. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

No idea, pal. But then I'm not the one wrecking the UK's beautiful relationship.

15. joinerjohn1

Corrected that for you.

16. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

oh dear...

17. joinerjohn1

You know it's true though ( but you'd rather Junckers and his cronies tell your government what they should be doing) You just won't admit that the EU is almost megalomanic in its pursuit of power and control.

18. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Leave spent less than remain spent on a single leaflet campaign, a leaflet that clearly stated that we would leave completely the single market ETC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35980571

Used a BBC report to appease remain as they can't say its fake news then. :)

Gringo28 likes this.
  19. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Actually we did.
    The "consequences " allsorts is referring too is made up lies about an out come that might never happen.
    In simple terms.... Crystal ball stuff.
    Its a shame you've been hood winked by these undemocratic zealots.

20. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Its the same when they think remaining would have been better, how could they ever know how the EU would have acted if we had surrenered to them.(wait, isn't that what May is trying to do)

Looking at the trouble in France, Germany, Sweden etc, the EU will be no more in less time then previous thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.