Immigrants in little boats.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Hey Nostradamus! Do you have the stones to make a hard prediction with a measurable date?

Here's Filly's prediction (I took the opposite position - for reference 1.6 refers to the exchange rate):
    Pick a date.
    When will the EU be "no more"?
    Or perhaps you would prefer to wear the vague sandwich board: "The end of the EU is nigh"?

In fairness to Longs, he's more realistic in his assessments:

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

When you can show any of Nostradamus preicictions being exactly right on exact dates you can then refer me to him until then I'll wager anytime within the next 5 years.

btiw2 likes this.
  3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I've already told you my reasons for disagreeing with you on that thread.
    I will tell you again but I'm sure you won't take any notice this time either.
    You were wrong, and I felt it my duty to point it out to you that's all.
    Have 'they' raised hundreds of billions to pay for the interlink themselves, or persuaded EDF to do it for now't yet?
    No?
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I see Sajid Javid is now being hauled over the coals for questioning whether these refugees are genuine and why they haven't claimed asylum in France or whatever EU country they set foot in first. A perfectly reasonable question, so why the criticism from ( mainly) opposition MP's .
    I also note that Miss Mathematics Abbot tweeted that these refugees are escaping war, famine and persecution. Some French chap has responded that France isn't at war nor is in the middle of a famine and the only people facing persecution at the moment are the Gilet Jaunes.

5. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Good man. I'll take that.
    I'll predict that you're wrong.

6. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Will we still be here to see who was right though. :)

7. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Sajid Javid has just asked the same legitimate question.
    One snowflake europhile cited their "right to self determination". In other words, if they set foot on eu soil they have an automatic right to set foot on UK soil.
    What a shambles.
    I don't believe "allsorts" gave you that answer but I would expect it to be similar.
    The "leave vote" was boosted many years before the referendum. Immigration was one issue that gave that boost.
    Roll on Brexit.

Heat likes this.
  8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Abbott is quite possibly the most stupid MP ever to have held office.

Gringo28 likes this.
  9. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Good point.
    I suppose it depends on whether my lithium runs out or the rope breaks.

Is that in poor taste? It feels like it's in poor taste.

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I was going to like this.

But that would definitely be in poor taste. :)

btiw2 likes this.
  11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The Labour party are like a magnet to morons whilst under comrade Corbys rule.

Heat likes this.
  12. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

I know you told me, Longsie, but based on your chosen persona on here I simply do not believe you. What an intensive interest you took in that thread! Man, you even went off and did some 'vestigating.

What did you come back with? The word of EDF and the SY Trust (who have gone for this easy option for the same 'reason' as you. And that's if we ignore the undeclared conflicts of interest betwixt members of the Trust and LW..).

Why, I reckon I could even call your involvement in that thread 'trolling' in its intent, and your ludicrously biased conclusion 'poison'. Droll, eh?

'They' don't have to raise anything at the moment; whoever gets to install these turbines will be able to justify the new interconnector - there is nothing special about EDF in this. Nothing. I hope that's clear?

Oh the irony of Longsie creaming himself over a French company hopefully getting one over a community group supported by a Remainer... You'd sell your grannie for Brexit, wouldn't you? You've certainly sold your dignity off pretty cheaply.

13. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

So who are these 'boat people' in actuality, JJ?

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

That's a very good question.

One that I bet you can't answer. ??

15. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Correct, I cannot, certainly not at the moment. Nor can JJ.

16. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Just curious about you went to find that map, IIR?

Also curious as to whether you are posting it just because/ as a joke or whether you are trying to say something?

If the latter, I just wish you had the bawls to come out with it.

I mean, can you speculate why 'they are travelling so far from home'?

17. joinerjohn1

Economic migrants DA, Surely you can't disagree ?

18. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Quite possibly. Or quite possibly not. Or quite possibly a mix.

Until we do know, we can neither agree or disagree. Agreed?

19. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Now we've agreed on something, tell me how the Brexit you hope will occur - even tho' it won't - will encourage the French to stop these economic/non-economic/refugee/non-refugee folk from crossing over in their wee boats?

20. joinerjohn1

I honestly have no clue ( this does not mean I agree with you) Perhaps the way forward is for our coastguard/ navy to meet them before the halfway point and return them to France ? ( too much to expect the French to be extra vigilant )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.