Immigrants in little boats.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Thank you. But that does mean you do agree with me. :p

And I with you - so don't panic. :rolleyes:

Intercept them and return them to France? How many patrols boats will we need? And how will our ex-EU status endear us to French security as we approach their coasts with the intention of returning those who just left their shores?

I don't think it's going to be that easy.

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I'm asking a question, "why are they so far from home"

Ask yourself this.

Who supplying the boats, life jackets etc.??

Who told us Brexit would lead to more immigrants not less.??

Two + two = your answers.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Dunno DA?? The French may well fire their guns on our boats,,, there again they may well hold up a flag on a stick, consisting of a white cross on a white background. ;);) ( similar to what they did in 1940)

4. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

You were just asking a question? Not trying to make a point? Not trying to suggest anything? Not trying to insinuate?

That's ok then.

I hope someone answers for you.

5. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Taking your silly conjecture to it's logical conclusion, I suspect the EU wouldn't raise a white flag.

6. joinerjohn1

Obviously,,,, because you can't (or won't, more like)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  7. joinerjohn1

Nah, they'll let Italy raise their national flag. ( a white background with a white cross on it)
    Ps, all other EU countries (apart from U.K., have the same flag,,,,, It's the EU law

8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

So that leaves Germany.

And there's talk of any EU army.??

Haven't we been here before.??

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Reading between the lines of fabricated motive and personal attacks in your post i would say that you know im right, but just can't (wont) allow yourself to admit it.

10. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Who would actually pay for this interconnector, Longsie?

And let's have a wee look at your 'non-personal' contributions to one of the last threads I started seeking assistance - it was the one about looking for a PC for mil;

"I'd opt for one of them 'transparent as a transparent things' that you scream about.
    Weren't you teaching our up and coming future generations all there is to know about computers, and such like?
    You never did explain why you chose early retirement.
    Was it the best thing to do given the dubious circumstances ?
    "

"I know your desperate, DA, but please stop the pretentious attempts at garnering support for the, EU cause.
    There is no 'mother in law', she doesn't need a PC with a SSD. The woman would be in her late seventies for Christ's sake.
    The transparent 'as a transparent thing' thread you've created does however provide ample opportunity for you to lavish thanks to those whose opinions you regard as worthless in this hypothetical situation.

The 'mother in law' has already bought a new laptop from the nice man in currys.
    "

Your sudden interest in wind-farm development is sincere and heart-felt, ma botty.

Even if you tried your very hardest, Longsie, you'd come nowhere close to appreciating the utter contempt in which I hold your Brexit-inflicted deviousness and cynicism.

11. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

I don't believe the Brexit issue has anything whatsoever to do with the current attempts by migrants to illegally enter the country. They would probably be doing exactly the same thing whether there had been a referendum or not. However, France's attitude towards helping to control the situation (and all the lorry attempts) may have been influenced by the decision to leave and their attitude may even become harder once we've left depending upon the terms agreed if ever.

In my mind I understood people wishing to enter this country legally via Calais etc should present themselves to Border Control at Calais itself. Why won't these migrants do that, because they are economic migrants some of whom wish to join up with family or friends already established here, legally or not. I cannot see why anyone who is so badly persecuted or in fear of their life wouldn't wish to jump at the chance of claiming asylum where they should, the first country they enter, or France where they wouldn't be persecuted or killed.

But they want more than that, to premeditately enter our country.

Therefore what measures can we use to encourage France to 'continue' to support us in preventing illegal entry to our country. Measures wrapped up in the Brexit deal' if one happens, a side agreement meaning cash from us if it does or it doesn't, or a whole EU initiative around what happens when an 'asylum seeker' reaches the shores of the first safe country they enter.

Allsorts likes this.
  12. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

If you insist on bringing the idiot Trump into the conversation I reserve the right to mention a certain German dictator who left power in 1945. Traditionally, on a forum the mention of the name kills the thread!

13. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Mention him then. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think the press is making a big thing about it because a vote is coming up and they are stirring the pot.

15. joinerjohn1

I reckon we could all buy Peugeots and Citroens when we need a new car. Buy onions only off bereted chaps on bicycles and eat more Brie. That'll keep old Frenchie happy. ;);)

16. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

What, and spoil all the fun!

17. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Go on - fill yer boots.

But put it in some context, yeah?

(PS - it won't in itself kill the thread. That only happens when some folk youknow...)

18. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Brrrriiiiing Brrrriiiiiing! "Could I book a ferry please? Um, no? Ok, could I have burger and chips then? Coooool."

19. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Just in case you are wondering, I am fully in favour of an EU army.

For precisely the opposite reason as you so ignorantly and disingenuously suggest.

'Have we been here before'? No - this is completely and utterly different. The exact opposite. And we certainly do not want to get 'there' again.

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

There's no such thing as a free lunch, Bertie. However much you stamp your feet and scream that it's not fair, (as the PAST, appear to be doing), that is the way it is.
    PAST?
    I dunno, whoever it is you get the drift. I'd hate to do anymore research on the matter as that would undoubtedly be sneered upon. You deem it 'just not cricket' by blowing the wind out your sails with facts.
    Do let us know how they get on, won't you?

What's with all the orangey bit? Couldn't think of anything meaningful to say on the matter that youd brought up - again - so you opted for the discredit approach.
    Very admirable I must say.
    Sorry. . I meant transparent.

I still stand by what I said btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.