Six degrees of separation

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, Jan 7, 2019.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You do know what irony is don't you or is this just a touch of the Morissette's :):)

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

No Spoons here. ;);)

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Time for bed Timothy, your ears have gone red.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

You do realise the word politics is made up of two words.. Poli ( from the word poly , meaning many) and the word Tics ( from the word , Tick, a blood sucking parasite, known for its voracious appetite););););)

AlvyChippy likes this.
  5. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

I don't think anyone has forgotten about that - I was certainly aware of it at the time, so it must have been reasonably news-worthy. I also understand that Mogg's children were targeted in another incident? In case there's any doubt, I condemn both unreservedly; it is thuggish, moronic and ultimately also counter-productive.

(I can appreciate why that group was so exercised, tho', in targeting a pseudo-gentleman with a personal £100m fortune, a triple-brace of kids who will never ever want for anything, and who's hedge-fund company has opened a further office in Dublin very possibly to mitigate the effects of a hard Brexit. If the Mogg plays his cards right, he will make a further fortune from the resulting damage to our country from a 'hard one'. 'Hedge funds' - you gotta love 'em).

When all is said and done, however, there are a couple of things I believe I can categorically state without fear of contradiction:

(1) the lies and intentionally devious and misleading statements made during the EU Ref campaign were not of equal stature on both sides. Leave's were often blatant untruths and intentionally and deviously misleading and also often used Trump's current climate of misplaced fear against certain groups, whereas Remain's (also a carp campaign) were largely based on 'worst case' but quite credible outcomes, especially if a 'Hard' Brexit had been triggered right away (which, let's be honest, many/most Leavers thought would happen since they didn't understand the complexities of the matter).

And (2) the aggression shown by the supporters on each side also bear little comparison - by a country mile are rabid Leavers more verbal and threatening.

Does anyone honestly disagree with that?

AlvyChippy likes this.
  6. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

A couple of Qs to hopefully focus the mind further;

1) Neo-Nazi and fascist groups in the UK and across Europe support (a) Brexit or (b) Remain?

2) Which 'group' on this forum (which reflects quite a sizeable proportion of country-wide Brexsiteers with a few notable exceptions such as Mrs Willy) regularly diss’ our Parliamentarians as a whole race with comments such as “Traitors”, “ They are all the same”, “They are only out for themselves”, “Snouts in the trough”, “ Cowards” etc etc; (a) Brexiteers or (b) Remainers?

Correct.

7. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Marv - my lack of fear of contradiction was seemingly justified.

8. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Disappointed by the lack of answers. But not surprised.

9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Questions for you.

Which side is most likely to be a member of Antifa. Leave or Remain.

Who committed the most violent acts of late.
    Antifa or the Rightwing.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Trouble is this Captain Creepy.

Lets look at this on a micro level.

As in the forum

Two people on here are threatening violence.

That's you and the Oligarch formerly known as RS.

Pretty certain which side you and the relentlessly charming RS align with.

Several others are excusing the intimidation of Owen Jones and Anna Soubry.

All of those equally line up with yourselves.

11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

1) I would imagine Remain since they are anti-fascist? Am I right? (I didn't realise they were strongly involved in the Brexit scenario tho' - are they?)

2) No idea - really. But I'd suspect the far right groups like Tommy R's fellows and similar racist and fascist groups. Am I right?

Soz, why these Q's?

Anyhoo, your turn.

12. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Antifa make T R look like the Sugar plum Fairy.

13. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Very gdroll, IIR, but - of course - a meaningless statement.

Now, would you care to answer my two wee Qs please?

(PS. You wouldn't call TR the SPF to his face...)

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Pps. Oh yes i would.

15. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Hey DA you need to stop talking to yourself, I could give you a phone No if we could pm

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Are you going to show any proof for this statement?

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

jiFfM.jpg
    That's , DA, on the left and everyone else on the right.

Stick with wood, chopstick!

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So that's a no then :p:p

19. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Try answering my Qs instead - thank you.

dinkydo likes this.
  20. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

More 'gunboats' Longsie?