What about 'City' eh?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, Jan 11, 2019.

1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I just thought I'd start another Brexit thread as that's what has happened to most of my others lately. Off you go.....

Seriously though - are football teams subject to European employment law and will that change post Brexit? Will fewer foreign players in the premiership strengthen our national team?

As you can tell I don't know much about football....

dinkydo likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Wow, foreign players, strengthening our national team. Who'd have thunk it. ;);)

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You missed out the "Fewer" JJ :rolleyes:

4. joinerjohn1

Well spotted. Yep we need fewer foreign players in our national side.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Now you have completly missed the context of the post, so nothing new there then :(:(

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Football..................yuk......................break a leg. :oops:

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Brexit football is played wearing ear plugs with both hands tied behind your back :rolleyes:.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  8. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Overpaid deva non-sportmanlike morons.
    And the biggest morons are the ones who buy the new kits 2 or 3 times a year for their kids and go around with football shirts on..being stretched by their beer guts.
    Standing in the crowd wearing a number 10 or whatever their hero wears in the hope that if Ronaldo gets injured the ref will call them down to take over and win the game.
    No idea how much tickets etc are. I guess too much.
    Nothing more sad than seeing grown men chanting mindless songs at matches and in pubs.
    Guess it's just me...:cool:
    Rs

gadget man, dinkydo, longboat and 5 others like this.
  9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Just because you never got picked.

Allsorts likes this.
  10. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Willy it does not matter that you know absolutely nothing about football & don’t let it stop you commenting on it, after all the remoaners know didly squat about Brexit but it doesn’t stop them commenting, it’s a free (sort of) country

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

I only watch the odd game, world cups and stuff like that. But then I read Fever Pitch by whatshisface - it's a brilliant read and brings to life the fascination excitement and compulsion.

For a while.

12. joinerjohn1

One company I worked for some years ago, used to sponsor a couple of matches at Pride Park ( Derby County ground) Got a ticket to one game, executive box n all that. MD came up at half time and looked in on us. Saw a couple of empty pint glasses on the table and asked why we weren't drinking ? He then told us that he picks up the tab at the bar. By full time we were all sozzled. :p:p:p

Allsorts likes this.
  13. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Must admit I used to follow my club both home and away, work took over in the end but you can't beat the banter at away games one of my best football day out was at Plough Lane Wimbledon