Divorce

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Feb 22, 2017.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Still not found a house! Put offer in for quite a few which didnt work out.

Last one was awesome. Offer accepted. Well happy, until.....

I found out that 2 houses, next door but one from the one i wanted, were demolished due to subsidence. The whole row is built on a steep hill. Rear gardens have gone except for approx 10ft.

So, still looking people. Still alive (just) still moaning. Still unhappy. Etc etc. Hope you all ok and well.

2. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Good to hear you're OK (ish) Kools. Hope you have more luck with the next house.

3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Ta. Still looking every day! Lol

4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Still alive!

Had a very rough few months. 2018 was a REALLY bad year.

Still living in **** bedsit. Hoping to find a property to buy this year! Made offer on several last year but big issues with them.

Couple of times in dec spent some time in a cold police cell (drink, harrassing ex with text, cry for help as threatened to end it all)

Have given up booze.

Guess i will have chipbutt trying to post but i still got it on ignore as the most obnoxious person ever to register on a forum.

Hope you all well.

Hans_25 and Allsorts like this.
  5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Kool's.
    This is going to sound harsh, and it certainly isn't what you wish to hear, but sometimes that is what it takes.

Stop wallowing in self pitty.
    Do whatever it takes and move on, for your daughters sake.

6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Hi Kools. Good luck with the fresh start.

Allsorts likes this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Heard this message several times before, is it on a loop.:rolleyes:

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Nah, past that. No self pity for me. Just stating where i have been.

Allsorts likes this.
  9. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom. See it as the kick start to the new you.
    Time to focus on yourself and embrace the new year by getting your *** in gear and getting fitter...no excuses. You've quit the booze which is a good start, so get moving and get your energy levels up and start feeling good about yourself.

Allsorts likes this.
  10. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Once you hit the bottom a few times the important things in life seem clearer , don't lose focus , good luck with your fresh start

Allsorts likes this.
  11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

I tentatively 'liked' Longsie's reply, tho' I disagree that Kools is now wallowing in anything other than realism.

Admitting on here that things got out of hand to the point you were obliged to use a different bedsit for a few nights ain't self-pity, it is incredible frankness and honesty. And such an admission suggests that Kools is about to turn a page.

I hope you ain't doing this on your own, Kools, but with support? As part of that enforced incarceration where you given advice, suggestions of folk to talk to and stuff like that?

Are you in touch with your church? Your doctor? You should be, even if you feel you don't need them right now.

Anyhoo, it's great to hear from you and that you've made it through the worst time of year for many.

All you need now is a hard Brexit and you'll have your choice of houses to pick from, bogof. :rolleyes:

12. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Forget the ex Mrs, get a clean divorce (if you haven't already) and move on. No one other than yourself is going to sort the mess out for you. Be strong and look after yourself.

13. LilyG

LilyG New Member

Good advice from Hans there.
    Mind you... he's only 25 so :p
    I think you need a new woman Kools.
    No more messing about, get yourself out there.
    Best bib & tucker, a few quid in yer pocket & off you go.
    What's the worst that can happen?
    Start living & have a bit of fun.
    The rest can wait. Just get out there.
    Take a risk or lose the chance.

14. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Still in the bedsit but, will find out tomorrow if house i placed an offer on is accepted!

My ruddy back is getting worse though so wont be able to do much DIY. A few things need doing too!

Still working but every day is uncomfortable / painful because of my back. Waiting to have injection in spine.

Hope you all ok..

Hans_25 and Vixere like this.
  15. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Good to hear from you. Trust life is on the up. OK ish here

16. Vixere

Vixere Active Member

Hi Kools.

Good to have a positive update.

Bludy backs. What's the prognosis on this - is the treatment you are having leading anywhere? Is there a longer-term plan for your back, something that should sort it out a fair amount, or is it a case of damage-limitation and pain-killing?

Fingers crossed on the house :) What's it like?

17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Might not like it, but go long term sick,ended up doing this myself sadly,work was aggravating my back,with pain,which also caused sleep issues.

P:S: Good to see you back.:)

18. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Treat yourself to Hemp oil seed products, available over the counter at Holland & Barratts, Tesco etc, great for pain relief.

KIAB likes this.
  19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Bulging discs, trapped nerves. Tried various painkillers. Take strong ibuprofen at mo. Waiting for injection in spine area. Wont get better unfortunately. Only comfort i get is lying down.

55 nearly and body falling apart! People say i look very well and fit! Lol right knee not good either. Cant see me being able to do much DIY.

What gets me, is how people claim allowances etc and get paid more than i do who works!

House is a 2 bed terrace. Small and quaint. Bathroom is gigantic! Too big really. Whole length of extension. Would need to make it smaller and put up a dividing wall and door.

Also, i not fussy about stairs being open to living room as all the heat disappears up to landing. Have to look at closing that off.

If i get the house i will start a thread for advice.

Thanks guys

PhilSo likes this.
  20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Same age,on Tramadol myself, doctor & then orthopedic surgeon recommend me going permantly sick.