BBC radio 2

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by retiredsparks, Jan 14, 2019.

1. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Chris 'shouty' Evens...gone. Thank God.
    Zoe Ball on 1.6 MILLION pounds of BBC licence payers money.....yes MILLION !
    ....to press a button in a nice warm studio to activate a record, not of her choice, to play.
    And blether inbetween with her usual inane rubbish.
    Any thoughts.
    RS

2. Beeero

Beeero Active Member

Nice work if you can get it... you could always tune in to you’re local commercial radio and listen to jingles all day

3. Peter208

Peter208 Active Member

I did see that CE was to go and ZB was to replace him. I did not see the pay, that one heck of a lot for a non skilled person, but that whole industry of lovevies are over paid.

4. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Can she change a lightbulb?

5. Peter208

Peter208 Active Member

Don't be silly Bob! That's always been a two man job at the BBC!
    And anyway, the Light programme went years ago mate.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    RolandK likes this.
  6. retiredsparks

To be fair to her, radio is probably best for her.
    Have you seen that haggard marlborough lined mug on her ?
    :D
    RS

7. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Zoe Ball is very good at presenting television and no doubt radio shows.
    She is able to put a jolly persona on and nothing is much problem to her I would think due to her experience.
    Not bad looking either!
    But how she can be worth 1.6 million a year is beyond me.
    Am sure there are plenty of less experienced people who could also do a great job for a fraction of that.
    I genuinely would be embarrassed if I earned that money and would give most of it away to good causes.

8. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

I just said the opposite! :p
    Although when you see film of her in her early career - nice youthful face.
    She could afford plenty of anti age face cream.

RS, you would be so lucky to get as good as her. And she is only 48 I think. In her prime. ;)

KIAB likes this.
  9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

So what if she earns £1.6m.

She is pretty jolly, isnt too egotistical.

As for RS slagging off her appearance. Sums him up really.

She does pretty well keeping her self in a good mood considering what she has been through in the last couple of years.

I can also say that she and Norman Cook are thoroughly decent down to earth people.

Couple of friends of mine got married on the quiet in Brighton a fair few years back. They were short of witnesses. Stepped out of reg office to find a couple of passerbys and first people they met were her and him.

They did it with a smile, stopped about for a bit and even had a glass of something to celebrate.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I think she does do a great deal for charity.

As I recall she did something big for a mental health one recently.

11. retiredsparks

48 !!!
    Good God... she must have had a rough paper round (or four) ......in Beirut ......when young.
    Did you see her face as she entered the studios...no photoshopping.
    My lovely wife...older than her ......looks twice as good .....and younger looking with a better figure.
    Seriously.
    RS

DIY womble likes this.
  12. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

RS, got me thinking about who is overpaid for what they do, what about you Sparkies ? a guy posted yesterday, think his name was Aleksei wanted to DIY his house rewire as you Sparkies are paid to much, he was just asking for a few pointers, could you pop over & advise ? :)

I worked in NHS maintenance for the last 10 years before retirement beckoned I would say the pay in general for full time ranged from about £15000, to £300000, we have been told that Billions of pounds will be given to the NHS over the next few years courtesy of the taxpayer, in the same breath we have been made aware that in the future most will be unable to see a doctor but you will be able to Skype him or her, the billions that have been promised will not make a tad of difference to the service that you or I will receive from the NHS I am talking about the men & women that have worked all their lives and contributed, the money will be consumed by raft after raft of new management and increased directorship positions, a tiny fraction of the money may make it to the frontline to make good headlines,

So to get back to the point of over paid I would nominate NHS managers and Directors who have presided over the mess that we have now

Rant over for now

13. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Like someone else I know who blethers inane rubbish...and I'm not talking about a two letter acronym named person.

Oh hang on.

14. retiredsparks

Dinks
    Where to start.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44779292

The licence payers are being robbed blind.
    400,000 for a DJ.......who contibute absolutely nothing to anything.
    Steve wright is an absolute moron.
    Winkleman...what are her skills ?...apart from having nice hair...and having a mother in the business.
    Dont get me started.
    Lovvies being given gongs from the Queen...for what ?
    lining their own pockets.

Luckily I can listen to radio 4 when needed...as i dont listen to 1, 2,3...or welsh radio.
    RS

15. retiredsparks

I assume you are referring to my good self Hans.
    I strongly believe You are entitled to an opinion...even if it's concerning me and even if it's incorrect or shall we say 'misguided'.
    Your illogical argument style when we last spoke did not deserve my time with a reply. Not that you would have been able to or want to understand most of it.
    Hence you mistakenly percieved a 'win'.

May I suggest that if you regard my fact based opinions to be "inane rubbish"...that you waste no time in pressing the IGNORE button and hence remain happily ignorant.
    Anything else I can help you with ?
    RS

16. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

How times have changed.

I think i remember there being a story about Gary Davies when he was a Radio 1 DJ and top of his career.

He was being paid 50K a year and people were up in arms about it back then, would it be the early 80s?

Now i dont know about you lot, but my wages are not 32 times the rate they were then.??

17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I wonder if Hans himself has another account on this forum ? His style and use of words seems very familiar.
    Anyway , back to the subject in hand. I do like Ken Bruce's program. The other shows? Mmmmm not so keen.

dinkydo likes this.
  18. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Are you actually a Harry Enfield character.

What kind of a insecure pathetic individual comes onto a public forum to boast about his wifes appearance.

Or his wealth.

Or his intelligence.

And you seem obsessed with attacking Zoe Balls appearance for some reason.

All a bit creepy and weird.

19. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Hey JJ, think your onto something there mate he couldn’t think up the nonsense he comes out with on his own, I reckon theres 3 of em,
    Hans, knees, and boomps a daisy.

20. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Hey Isit, if I remember rightly there was a building site labourer who was earning more than Gary Davis in the 70s & 80s think they called him Superhod, drove a Rolls Royce & lived in a mansion