Help ! Split cables

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Emmajamie, Jan 13, 2019.

1. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Its not even the burning that bothers me that much, as Rulland says, we've all done it, its just the general scruffiness of it, cables all loose as they go through the joists, no clips where they turn, plumbing doesn't look any better either, suppose its just the standard that things are carried out to nowadays.

Obviously cable burns though, that just caused by pulling the cable either too quicky or through too many joists at the same time, should only ever pull the cable through one joist at a time but some people thred it through half a dozen and then pull along length through resulting in what you see there.

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Pure shoddy work.
    You have to give the so called sparks a chance to put it right unless you can prove he is totally incompetent.
    Mention Building Control....and ask for his NAPIT reg number.
    Looks like just another bum doing work outside his skill level.
    RS

3. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

The person/s who are doing the job are not electricians or even pukka diyer's - tell them to get off of site with there materials, and then employ a proper spark. Its that simple tbqh.

4. retiredsparks

Welcome back JP.
    Yo bin chillin wid da bros ?
    Rs

5. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

That isn't the correct advice. You must give the contractor the opportunity to correct it first.

6. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

It's the cable sheath - not insulation.

7. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

Nonsense. No such thing as double insulated cables.

8. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

Coloumb likes this.
  9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Lol..just ducking and diving RS..still looking at gaffs. Trust you, and all, are keeping well RS.

10. retiredsparks

We are JP thanks.
    Looking forward to march april in spain again.
    New grand daughter has limited our hols. Not my choice lol.
    What you looking for and where.
    Down sizing ?
    RS

11. retiredsparks

Ricky what do you call 'double insulated' 16mm tails. If 'tails' is an allowed word.
    RS

Coloumb likes this.
  12. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

If you think the spark is going to sort that out just because the customer asked him nicely, with flowers on top, your living in a dream world. He cleary isn't interested in doing a good job. My advice is correct - she needs to contact who ever he is registered with then they need to contact him and work with him to put it right. That's the whole point to part p. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

13. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

14. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

They are insulated and sheathed singles.

15. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

Your advice isn't correct. Contract law as well as scheme investigatory requirements both compel you to give the contractor a chance to rectify it first.

But I already knew that you have no clue what you are talking about whatsoever, ever.

16. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

He didn't prove me wrong.

Cables aren't double insulated. That is a fact. (Why do you think they don't have the square within a square symbol on them?)

If you can't accept that then you look more ridiculous than you already did.

17. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

That's exactly what I said.

Your paying him to do a job. He isn't doing it properly. Take it up with who ever he is registered with.

And I said it again here...

If you think the spark is going to sort that out just because the customer asked him nicely, with flowers on top, your living in a dream world. He cleary isn't interested in doing a good job. My advice is correct - she needs to contact who ever he is registered with then they need to contact him and work with him to put it right. That's the whole point to part p. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

So I'm in fact wrong whilst, at the same, also being right.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  18. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

At last an easy question!
    The symbol is only used to identify Class 2 equipment and has nothing to do with cable.

19. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Yes he did. read the attachment.

We have proved you wrong on so many occasions and I have had bans because of you. I am not going down that avenue again.

You come here to pull others apart and do not give advice.

Sad person as you are.

20. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

The link does state 6181Y Double Insulated cable. ;);)