Help ! Split cables

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Emmajamie, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

So it's fair to say the cables insulation is covered with, er, insulation.

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2019
  3. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

Conductors and insulators are mutually exclusive (notwithstanding the fact that nothing is a pure conductor or a pure insulator).

It would be a conductive SHEATH for mechanical protection not conductive insulation.

4. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

So when are you going to give the op advice?

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Glad I don't live in Ireland and I need new double insulated tails fitting,,,, Begorrah. :p:p:p:p

6. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Aye so that'll be insulation then. I'm glad we agree at last.

7. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

I am not compelled to offer advice in the manner in which you decide. I have given plenty of helpful information on this thread - unlike you.

8. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I have been following this argument with some interest. As an amateur can I make the following observation, with some trepidation!

Given that the standard for T and E specifies a minimum resistance for the sheath (unless I am mistaken) is it not logical to describe the sheath as having insulative properties?

As I say, I make the observation with temerity, not wishing to poor petrol on the fire (if indeed it is possible to fan the flames any higher).

9. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

No resistance is defined by the Standard, much less the same as the insulation.

10. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

I am from Ireland and superior to you in every way so it is clear that you are intimidated by that.

11. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Your superior because your from Ireland?

12. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I am mistaken then, excellent; it means I have learnt something today.

13. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

No. I am superior for a whole host of reasons. Being Irish is just another strength. I know many good people from England too, though you won't find most of them on this forum.

14. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Superior to who? Everyone on this forum?

15. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Hey Ricky.........I am Irish.... as mentioned in previous post to you, which you seem to have forgotten.
    You know...... pure pedigree Irish...not half Scottish like most of you lot in Norn Iron.:D
    You don't seem to have much Craic about you ?:(
    Pop down south, (have a Guinness) and get a refill.
    :cool:
    RS

16. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

I have no Scottish blood.

17. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Picts Mr R..I think you have a very good chance of having some Scottish blood in you.

18. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

Think it might be an idea if everyone posting on this thread double checked any current regs or standards they are quoting to insulate themselves from attack to be sure,to be sure.

retiredsparks likes this.
  19. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman go into the wholesalers to buy some cable ....

20. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

The Englishman says..
    5 metres each of 16mm double insulated tails please me old mucker.

The Scotsman says
    Any deals on 5 metres of 16mm double insulated tails ...if not.... I'm doomed.

The Irish bloke from Norn Iron starts a fight about linguistics and the vernacular.

:D
    RS

WillyEckerslike, Comlec and Coloumb like this.