Tool show Kent exibission Center 01-03/03/2018 who's going?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by AlvyChippy, Jan 17, 2019.

1. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

FFX have yet again brought together all the biggest manufacturers to give you the best hands-on tool show for the professional and DIYer.

Building on the success of last year's show at the Kent Event Centre, 2019 is set to be the biggest and best so far. Set in approximately 50,000 ft² of first-rate indoor exhibition space, you'll be able to enjoy live tool demonstrations from industry experts, see new product releases and have a chance to compete in exclusive competitions from our powerhouse brands.

Admission: Free

Opening Times:

Friday 10am - 5pm

Saturday 10am - 5pm

Sunday 10am - 4pm

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/Toolshow

WillyEckerslike and DIY womble like this.
  2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Would love to go Alv, but it's 200 odd miles for me unfortunately. Maddening that most tool exhibitions are Midlands or down South.

KIAB, WillyEckerslike and AlvyChippy like this.
  3. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

That's true never any trade shows in the north nearest one to me is Harrogate once a year

AlvyChippy likes this.
  4. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

Not only is Harrogate surely considered in the "North" of England... it would only have to be about 20 miles further up to be in the top half, (i.e. "northern half"), of the GB mainland!

Regards,
    Cando

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

It's a bit of a kick in the * if you happen to be living in Wales, nearest tool exhibition as far as I'm aware is Birmingham, still more than 2 hours, plus, it's full of brummies :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019
    Isitreally, Sparkielev and KIAB like this.
  6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Yep, so annoying. Data tools in Cardiff tried to do one but was so small. Even the roadshows from the big manufacturers Milwaukee, deWalt and Festool etc. don't come near Wales.

I challenged DeWalt and Festool over this, because in one year they both did about 6 around London, went to Scotland and Northern Ireland (but not the south!) but the nearest the came to the west was Birmingham and Southampton. Their answer - they hold the events in locations where it is easy for professionals to travel to :mad: so 300+ miles, 7 hours traveling, missing a days work, is it really worth it for some freebies and saving a few pounds on some tools ?

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Might do now tolls have gone from the bridge.:)

8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Cheeky *, tradesmen in Wales aren't professional enough then are they? Our money's the same tender as down south though, which the tool companies are perfectly happy to accept. Cardiffs not exactly a killer journey for folk from the Midlands, is it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019
  9. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Had few Scottish notes, nobody would take 'em... :p

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

If ever there's a reason not to go, this is it. :p:p:p

KIAB and Jord86 like this.
  11. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Milwaukee van was at a screwfix near me wasn't selling anything no freebies either had to buy from screwfix if you wanted anything total sh%t show

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Can't see why Screwfix can't do regional shows. There are good spread over most of the country.