Unintended consequences.......

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

DA is probably deeply engrossed in the latest news.
    Looks like Brexit is actually gaining support.
    Deal with the EU is dead. Over 2/3 of MPs have just told the EU we have our democracy and our rules.
    The EU just keep showing their true nature.

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

KIAB and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

BoJo or JRM

Unfortunately both are all talk and no trousers.

4. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

To be fair JRM has always insisted he wants to be a back bencher and has no want to be PM. It allows him not to be under the will of the Whips... and to be able to address Parliament based oh his strongly held beliefs.
    He is highly educated, statesmanlike, logical and immensely knowledgeable on Parliamentary procedures which is essential in keeping other MP's and the HoC in line.
    BOJo is highly capable but comes across as a blustering fool... who has just fallen out of bed.
    Rs

5. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Comrade corbyn won't engage with the PM without set pre conditions. And at a time of national crisis.
    This is the same terrorist loving corbyn who has sat with the IRA and numerous other terrorists around the world without any conditions.
    History will judge him accordingly.

longboat, dinkydo and Heat like this.
  6. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

I believe he has offered to send Diane in his absence :eek::)

retiredsparks and Heat like this.
  7. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Perhaps TM's actually invited him to the meeting?

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Hopefully when they're not talking about anything involving basic maths. :p:p:p:p:p

Heat likes this.
  9. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

JJ, this week you said that if we remained in the EU then the Lisbon treaty would force us to join the Euro by 2022.

Are you sure that you want to throw stones at people's intelligence?
    I'm not saying you live in a glass house of ignorance, but I'd have thought that you'd have more sympathy when people mistakenly say something stupid.

10. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

bt, seeing as it was my post that led to JJ’s comments, I would add that my post was not specifically aimed at the lady’s inability to add up although if you check out her interviews there are numerous examples of this,

What is of concern is how this lady could end up a cabinet member and indeed Home Secretary how she has managed to attain her preset position is a mystery ( perhaps not) I would say that for most of the country & wider she is a figure of fun (only my opinion) but I’m afraid the joke may ultimately be on the electorate

Your point of having sympathy when someone makes a mistake or says something stupid, yes I can relate to that and agree with your statement, but in her case I would make an exception.

How can we as a country on the world stage be taken seriously when this is the calibre of our top politicians

retiredsparks likes this.
  11. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

This seems a little disingenuous.

You care how Britain is considered on the world stage?

Surely you’ve seen how the current government is being reported in the foreign press. ‘Horrified fascination’ would seem to sum it up. Even the krauts find a sense of humour when we tell them that Mrs May campaigned on being “strong and stable”.

You may not be interested how other nations view the mess in our country - and why should you? That’s a perfectly reasonable position. I can’t say I’m too bothered either.

But if your objection to Mrs Abbott is that we wouldn’t be taken seriously, then you seem to be ignoring that other countries already think that the mother of all parliaments now has all the gravitas of Widow Twankey.

12. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Mainly because treacherous remoaners won't respect the referendum result.
    The leader of the opposition would rather talk to the ira and hamas than the PM to try and come to an amicable solution.
    And past prime ministers/ministers (biar, mandleson) have urged the eu to hold fast in their stance in order to wear the UK system down and eventually capitulate.

Remoaners must be sitting back with smug satisfaction knowing they have nearly acheived this.
    Yes the "gravitas of widow twankey" is quite appropriate.
    The term "dictatorship" has never rang truer.

longboat, Heat and retiredsparks like this.