Large angle grinders

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by teabreak, Jan 31, 2019.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have the XR one. I take the tube off and use it for de-dusting myself before heading home. Like the good old days with a blower on a compressor.

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The compressor and nail guns are another set thats going soon. With the cordless nailers, its about 4 years since I used the air ones. For spraying I use a HVLP system.

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have a Fuji system which is very good. Havent used it for a while but its paid for itself many times over already.

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I caught up with a neighbour who teaches wood turning and cabinet making as a sideline and the conversation went around to finishing of products and the balance between fabrication and then prepping and finishing. As much time is spent finishing as fabrication anything that can reduce that is a bonus.

I have an Earlex 5500 and recently bought a Terratex for £35 which is surprisingly good for the money a bit like Katsu is to routers.

5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Fair enough matey, I’m wrong, happy to hold up my hands and admit I’m talkin outta me arris !

Looked at the specs on the Hitachi on a couple of sites and nowhere did it mention either a case or soft start

So wrongly assumed neither were included - Okies, I will shut up now :p

6. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

31qyQeTOo-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

teabreak and KIAB like this.
  7. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

With the power of a 9" grinders it can feel like they have a life of there own!

Heat likes this.
  8. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Seen that on offer at a couple of places around the £80 mark reckon that will suit me fine looks the best option.

WillyEckerslike and KIAB like this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Excellent choice.

teabreak likes this.
  10. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Just an update, thanks for all the help everybody I have ordered the Hitachi with disc and case for £94.91 inc delivery.
    I might have got it a quid or two cheaper, but I have used this company before so stuck with them.;)
    Looks like the Mrs will be busy for a while now, I just need to order a megaphone from Amazon so I can sit in a deckchair with a beer and direct operations!:):):):)

Isitreally and KIAB like this.
  11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select