Introducing new pages to our catalogue

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by screwfix.samantha, Feb 18, 2019.

?

If we were to introduce new dedicated pages to our Catalogue, which page would you most like to see?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2019.
  1. Highlights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Top Deals

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Offers

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Specials

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. screwfix.samantha

screwfix.samantha Administrator Staff Member

We’re thinking about changing our catalogue! If we were to introduce new dedicated pages, which of the above would you most like to see:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Hello,a rare appearance.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Can see this working online,& with app, but not in a catalogue as there only four catalogue issues a year,so offers,top deals, specials.etc would have last life of catalogue for that quarter,& that is just too long,maybe summer issue you could get away with it for some items.

One other thing while your around, stock some of Everbuild products, 406 Stablishing Solution,
    Everbuild 403 Concrete Hardener & Dustproofer, Everbuild Patio Wizard, are just a few I like to see.

Can think of other things, as could others on here.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Offer KIAB a job, Screwfix.KIAB has a ring to it.

DIY womble and KIAB like this.
  4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Can you please put the offers in one section and dump those annoying thick pages that stop you flicking quickly through the book to find something.
    It would save me having to rip them out each time I get a new one!:D:D:D

5. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Not a lot of difference in the 4 options above, - is there?

Highlights, Top Deals, Offers, certainly seem to mean the same.

6. mcooper2406

mcooper2406 Active Member

Pages grouped by job for the new diyers might be a good idea. But that might be an idea for a different catalogue.

My mate only does relatively simple jobs but always needs to ask for a list of stuff he might need first. A page for like "hanging a shelf" might work.

Or it might not! Who knows!

7. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Car parts and accessories

8. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

As there is little difference between the four categories how about some pages with some links to really good utube type videos such as soldering joints, hanging a door, sowing a lawn, repairing plaster, changing a switch (wait for it!) by tradesmen for the less experienced with links to the relevant Screwfix products they’ll need of course.

mcooper2406 likes this.
  9. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

He already works for them for free! :D

DIY womble, KIAB and Astramax like this.
  10. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

New products.
    Offers.

The catalogue is fine as it is I think, please don’t dumb it down trying to make it easier to use. The only thing most of us care about is price, quality, range and availability.

LongNick, WillyEckerslike and KIAB like this.
  11. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

I think the page needed for DIYers is one that explains how a trade counter works, and that they need to do their research on the products before getting to the front of the line.......

But in all seriousness, of all the things I'd like Sf to change, the catalogue isn't one. When I've got patchy phone signal, it works well without being annoying which is all that I really want. Offers etc won't mean much to me, as I grab a new one if I've destroyed the old one somehow or if I notice it's newer, but I'm often a few versions behind. I know you update products, prices etc, but in the scheme of things your catalogues actually date very well so having more information in it thats more date sensitive isn't a selling point to me.

12. 14th edition

14th edition Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the paper version, generally find stuff online.

13. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

I said the same earlier today, with the first post on this thread to be honest, but as there was a bit of sarcastic humour in what I typed it got deleted by a humourless monkey. I opted for specials.

Sparkielev and Heat like this.
  14. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Somehow I got away with it then. :)

Really the options in the question are flawed imo.

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

How about in big letters in the front.

"NOTE TO WEEKEND WARRIORS. NO-ONE CARES THAT YOU ONLY NEED 5 SCREWS AND ITS A BOX OF 200, ITS A TRADE COUNTER NOT ARKWRIGHTS"

DIY womble, Jord86, gpierce and 5 others like this.
  16. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

Whatever turns you on Sparkie, I'll continue to get my boxers from M and S

Sparkielev likes this.
  17. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There are so many things Screwfix could do :

- Printed catalogue is now too big with print too small to be of any use. Even if you can find the product in the catalogue you then have to search online or go to a store to see if it is in stock, discontinued or the price has changed.
    - Sort out the email notification system : Nobody on here seems to get any emails
    - Don't rely on Facebook: Many of us don't use Facebook and certainly won't be using it to look at for Screwfix news
    - Sort out the clearance sale: Why produce flyers or publish web pages with products we have no chance of buying
    - Remove products that aren't stocked from the catalogue / web pages.
    - Allow us to have a monthly statement of invoices from the website
    - Let us search for a product we purchased - so we can check the warranty or reorder again
    - Sort out the stock levels and ranges - really, do we need so many variations on a product ? a product picked at random - a builders bucket 5 different versions of a black 14 ltr bucket. most of which are next day delivery and the other the store has 76 !
    - When you are logged in, you select a product you then have to check the stock in your local store ? The when you do it asks you for your default store again and then you have to search. However, if the product is not available and you select a different product, you have to enter the store all over again
    - Sort out the product descriptions and categories; I wanted a muck shovel; the search showed me a shovel hand truck. I can see where the search interpreted the results but it isn't listed with the hand/sack trucks
    - Sort out the prices; I don't mind paying a little bit more for convenience and good service but sometimes SF prices are ridiculous.

These are just the ones off the top of my head, other members will probably add to it. So rather than add some superfluous pages to an out of date catalogue, ScrewFix should invest in fixing some of the "features" above.

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And quantities is another problem,solvent weld fittings is one example,not every one wants to buy packs of 3,5,10 or what ever pack size,example 40mm Equal Tee (99915),you must put off a lot of diyers from using SF & loose a lot of potential trade from them,who only want one item of this & one of that, for a plumbing job.

Same with masonry screws,not every one want boxes of 100 for a job.

Need a bigger hammer likes this.
  19. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I had the same recently with solvent weld, left my bag of pipe fittings behind and only wanted one 90 and 45. As you say had to buy 5 of each.
    Same with nuts, bolts, washers can only get them in 100s (some even a 1,000) and have to buy separate bags of each.

Need a bigger hammer and KIAB like this.
  20. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Hey Alex I know your busy with your book but you do realise there is Troll annoying everyone when you get 5mins can you sort it thanks

KIAB and Need a bigger hammer like this.