Come on Screwfix, Either sort it or scrap it.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Rulland, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Any news on a mod appearing?. Screenshot_20190223-212910_Samsung Internet.jpg

WillyEckerslike and KIAB like this.
  2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Agreed totally

For a nationwide company owned by the even larger Kingfisher, it’s a total embarrassment and portrays both companies in a very sad light

Constant bombardment by brain dead idiots (mainly trolls I’m referring to :)) (mainly :D) and very little moderating action from SF

Posts may eventually be deleted but only after 12/24/longer hours

Apart from the actual SF stores, it seems that the office side has shut up shop, turned off the lights and locked the doors

Poor, poor show Screwfix

WillyEckerslike, KIAB and Rulland like this.
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Cutting back, getting ready for a No Deal Brexit I would suggest.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    longboat and DIY womble like this.
  4. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Bring it on astra

KIAB and CGN like this.
  5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Perhaps Peter has gone on one of his own special holidays! :confused:

6. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Perhaps he is away with the much missed DA.

KIAB and chippie244 like this.
  7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I get a fair bit of this kind of garbage too.

Its pathetic.

8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Sad that a reasonably intelligent bunch of regular posters moan about a troll.

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

And by extension what does that mean in regard to your observation?

10. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

its taking its troll.

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got beyond a joke this last week,a whole week of trolls running riot,& NOT a mod in sight.
    Doesn't look good for Screwfix's image & I do wonder whether peeps who come here for are driven away by what they see.

And the **** posted to my profile would make a nun blush!

12. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

They're not.

They're having a go at a multi million pound international organisation for their failure to deal with one.

In addition to being the foremost web based solution for trade and DIY questions/solutions (in my opinion) this forum is also a shop window for their store and mail order business - their true raison d'etre - yet some pimply 14 year old (or disgruntled former or current forum member) runs rings round them on an embarrassingly regular basis. Should you be worried about how they manage your personal online data/information if this is what happens when some snot faced kid gets hold of his/her mum's iPad?

On the whole I think Screwfix is quite a well regarded organisation, the staff seem to think they're good employers (anecdotal evidence from a number of stores), they were pioneers of next day delivery for hardware and tools and they have a charitable foundation. It's out of sorts therefore that this is allowed to happen so frequently and for so long each time.

If this kid is really that good at getting through and around their security protocols, they should employ him/her and get him to sort out B&Q's website which has to be the worst in the whole of Christendom!

DIYDave. and goldenboy like this.
  13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Give a few others & me a mod hammer,& we would soon knock this place into shape.:D

Heat and DIYDave. like this.
  14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

But you would have to change your avatar for that position if it became available as it looks like you are a member of Check a Trade! :eek::D:D:D:D:D:p

KIAB likes this.
  15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Round em up!

Astramax likes this.
  16. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I can appreciate all that Willy, but whoever the troll is, is hardly some high tech hacker.
    Yes they’re a pita, but without completely overhauling and changing their security protocols, I have a hunch (as previously mentioned) that the problem is being dealt with in a very simple way and that also relies upon grown adults keeping calm and ignoring this person.
    I can appreciate that the whole debacle doesn’t look good with regards to SF’s public image, but it’s not down to us to dictate how they go about resolving the issue. None of us have any invested interest in SF except as an outlet where we buy stuff from and the forum is just somewhere where we hang around, just like a local pub.

The forum has to provide a net positive to the company and I’m sure it does that as they keep it running, but it could equally become a growing thorn in its side and become a liability.

Quick question:

Why do the owners of a sweet factory let the staff eat the sweets?

Therein lies the answer to this problem,so don’t respond and everyone keep calm.

17. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Simply that the troll is getting what they want.

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Lock the old threads would be the first thing I would do, can still link to them if needed.