Rear extension on line with drainage

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Adam Harrington, Mar 13, 2019.

1. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

h any chance of showing me what you are alleging

2. My first post on this forum went well thanks for the advice from everyone, ‘honestly’ you have proven I need someone to properly come and give me a definite answer I was just looking for people with experience.
    I feel like I’ve ended up in the girls bathroom by mistake!

Jimmycloutnail likes this.
  3. Hi
    Most sensible and constructive advice on here from reading the responses is that of Honestly - he is correct about requiring permission on a lateral drains and sewers
    Read up on it, this is an area that you should be concerned about it may effect the outcome of your plans?
    Best of luck with it

Jimmycloutnail likes this.
  4. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

Work it out for yourself

5. Think honestly is just trying to imply advise people correctly and if you feel you do not have the field of expertise then perhaps it’s better not to comment?

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You said I jumped all over your post and called you inane when I obviously didn't so the only thing to work out is wether you are mistaken or lying, which is it?

7. gas monkey

hello adam move the pipe by the proper method, on my last development a building had been passed by building control however it was built next to a 9" waste as i know its 3m i followed it up and found that the builing had been passed by building control but not for that plot by contacting the owners of the 9"
    the owner of the plot was pulling a fast one so luckely not being nieve in the game as i have 41 yrs in the game was able to avoid a lot of probs
    do a trial hole along said pipe to check it is were the plans say
    also by doing this you will be able to see if it is to spec you say it is 500mm deap theres an example
    long and short if you want to build an extention and allow access to the pie all sorts of ways can be agrred
    from proximaty protection to divetion good luke x

8. Follow honestly advice it is spot on
    As for the other comments on here it’s rather a shame this occurs on this chat room
    Your right in suggesting it’s a girls bathroom

9. Jimmycloutnail

I know it’s eating you up so here we go.

I said you jumped into the thread not my post, and I know you like the word inane as you use it so often, ironically what you said was pretty inane so it seemed a a geed sentence.

10. gas monkey

hello easy i do my old china have been reading posts and the only one with honest was a difference about a price job so me thinks he may be stressed his job will do that to you

11. It is not a building control issue - in fact they will stop him potentially digging until he has gained proper permission / approval from the water utility company concerned.
    This is a lateral drain that forms a sewer that have many houses adjoining to it. It does not belong to you despite it is on your land - this is not a drain (drain being foul waste pipe that takes waste just from your house to the sewer in the road)
    If it is a drain you can move it/ do what you like with it.
    Hope this helps Adam Harrington

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I really don’t, I gave the op some advice, you “jumped” in with some “inane” nonesence again. I’m sure the OP would rather he just got some help on his thread

This is what you said I did but I did nothing of the sort did I.
    Now why don't you admit you are wrong and apologise like a big boy.

13. Really not interested in talking with you or listening to your excuses gas monkey for your behaviour on this forum - it does not help people who
    request proper professional advice. It also does not help when it’s obvious you put people down who are clearly very knowledgable?

14. gas monkey

yes concore would be for the best h

15. Jimmycloutnail

I thought it was just goldie locks that couldn’t grasp sarcasm

16. Thanks for that! The pipe is 4 inch? I think.. and I believe takes waste from the houses in line with mine and carries on and picks up the rest.
    I’ve only had the house a week so I’m just figuring stuff out. I’ve got someone coming at the weekend to looks things over for plans etc so I’m sure I’ll be more knowledgable after that.

17. gas monkey

hello adam please do not take me the rong way grammer bad spelling worse im dyslexic it would be spelt like that
    the home im in now i built in 2002 and it too has 5 common waste soil and seperate serface water along are back gardens so if i can help i will
    but if drain move it as easy has secound my first post as for the rest done a few so fire away

18. Someone is coming to look at the weekend so hopefully I’ll have a better idea then. It’s a 4inch waste pipe so surely I’ll be able to divert it or make the extension bigger and bridge it. I don’t want the extension to be any smaller

19. gas monkey

ok mate the extention is were you will enjoy your time so dont be put off with this hicup they move them all the time good luck

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You arn't that good at recognising it :cool::cool: