What makes Britain Great?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Mar 11, 2019.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Are you dissing your lord and master or isn't he big boss of the big gang any more?

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Somebody discuss the preparation of installed skirting boards prior to painting quick, so we can use the ‘C’ word.

3. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Na just adding a touch of humour, that’s spelt H U M O U R, check it out in the online dictionary :)

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

No, it's "many, many things", but that isn't the point of this thread.

dinkydo likes this.
  5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The constant whine is insufferable.
    What's up, chopstick?
    Your desperate flailings are obviously worrying to some of our seasoned members.
    Would you line to talk about what's troubling you?
    Come on, let it out.

Please don't light it this time though, as it will only get GB exited.

6. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

I would say the almost universal British Language is perhaps the top factor.
    Very close to it is our NHS.
    The Benefit system.
    We are the 5th richest country in the world so this must also be a factor.
    The traditional British Pub?
    Dare I mention our climate?
    Housing.
    Oh, and traditional British plumbing of course:)!!
    And Screwfix shops from which we buy our traditional plumbing materials from!

btiw2 likes this.
  7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Trolling again Trevor?

8. Broon

Broon Active Member

These are probably more regional but:
    Deep fried mars bar
    Haggis
    Tattie (potato) Scones
    Square Sausage
    Angus Beef
    Our Wild life
    Our landscape
    Scones
    Shortbread
    Irn-Bru
    Curries Red Cola
    Our extremely interesting History
    Our remaining Castles

9. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Brown sauce :)

gadget man and Heat like this.
  10. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

I thought of that, but HP sauce is no longer British as now made in Netherlands I think. :(
    Just call it EU sauce

11. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Noooooooooo don’t go there :(

Heat likes this.
  12. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

hi ethel not outside theropy dear back you go

13. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Rly?
    http://test.mensa.no
    Post yours!

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Trolls certainly aren't what makes Britain Great.

Heat likes this.
  15. Honestly

Honestly Member

I don’t like what makes Great Britain what it is today
    I don’t like:-
    1. I don’t like - People misleading people for there own entertainment
    2. I don’t like - People advising people who have very little or no knowledge of questions posed by naive members of the public looking for genuine help and answers to solutions
    3. I don’t like - People who encourage flouting of laws such as gas safety regulations, electrical regulations, water regulation, building regulations who’s consequence can be harmful to life and property and very costly to the home owner.
    4. I don’t like - Forums and chat rooms that sadly appear to be smothered in individuals dishonesty, intentional flouting, and boo booing of such laws in place to protect members of the public as mentioned in para 3 above.
    5. I don’t like - These acts of misleading information, intentional by some the flouting of laws and regulations which in turn encourage loss of earnings/ revenue to those genuine hard work individuals.
    6. I DO LIKE - I DO LIKE - I DO LIKE - The individuals who are generally the professionals amongst us run/ establish professional business who go out their way to become qualified, stay regulated, abide by regulations in the building industry but sadly are the one who have to compete with people who flout and encourage acts of poor and dangerous workmanship in the gas, water and electrical side to the building industry/ home renovations

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I don't think you understood the title of this topic did you?

All you have posted is a badly written list of your gripes

Are you this angry all the time?

17. Honestly

Honestly Member

The last person I would ever expect to understand my post is someone who
    Perhaps misleads people or encourages flouting the law in particular Gas Safe, water, electrical regulations building regulations which endangers life or costs innocent members of the public money
    I’m not suggesting this included you but only you can answer for your own behaviour or indeed others may come to their own conclusion upon reading some of your posts -

As for am I this angry all the time - no I’m never angry.

18. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

[​IMG]

Honestly likes this.
  19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You are very verbose and also very innaccurate.

I am happy to answer for my own behaviour and I challenge you to find an example of where I have encouraged anybody to flout the law in the way you have said.

You seem very thin skinned as all this has come about because I asked you not to shout and I'm not sure that a delicate flower like yourself will be happy on this forum, have you thought of going on DIY Donuts or Tom Plumbs forum?

20. Honestly

Honestly Member

Chippie - have you ever thought about entertaining your self in a different way or perusing a different pass time? Maybe persuing some qualifications in order to give correct and beneficial advice may help you to help others?
    Please don’t respond to this try just for once to control your appetite for argument?