steel (composite) toe safety shoe agony

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by AlvyChippy, Sep 22, 2017.

1. stubber1

stubber1 New Member

They come with proper steel toecap caps and have the benefit of full sole protection from heat,cold and penetrations rather than just mid sole plates (note I have no dealings with them other than as a customer ) I was working in a workshop when I got my first pair and for the first time in my life I never had cold feet in winter standing on a concrete floor

2. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

herm... thanks... as tempted as I am, I'll pass on this idea :p

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Best go to China and get your feet bound!

4. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

afraid, that'd be only the start.... but you don't want to go there ;)

5. IMPIX

IMPIX New Member

6. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

What are they made from? Spam???

AlvyChippy likes this.
  7. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

checked- confirmed! :D

8. facilities

facilities Guest

can't fault these for comfort s-l300.jpg

AlvyChippy likes this.
  9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

My mate has club feet so he buys his shoe's off a club book catalogue.

10. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

?
    club and frog flippers slightly different, but do you, by any chance mean steel/composite toes ones?
    if so, what is the name of that catalogue?
    Thanks!

11. barry29

barry29 New Member

Hello there,
    If you can share nice site but I think purchases these safety shoes but I don't know which site to purchases can you please suggest here. If you can try a relevant site to suggest here.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

More spam.

13. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Yup,
    Don't get it. This is trades forum, hardly is as popular as some or other places/ interests, yet this board is targeted almost daily...

14. Shytot

Shytot Active Member

Tried all makes ,, Can’t beat Dr Martins . ( I use steel toe capped)

AlvyChippy likes this.
  15. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Which model exactly please?

16. Shytot

Shytot Active Member

AlvyChippy likes this.
  17. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

18. ecoplumbing

ecoplumbing Active Member

Cofra composite shoes for me. Most comfortable work shoes I've owned . Don't think I'd choose anything else

19. HappyHacker

HappyHacker Active Member

I have spent many a "happy" hour in shoe shops trying to find shoes to fit regardless of colour, style, slip on/lace up etc usually without success. I have done the same for safety shoes/boots. I found the only way was to go to the shops (usually more than one) and try them all on.

I currently have a pair of Doc Martens TRD/SB (very comfortable) , a pair of Grinder TW129(these are very big and heavy, have a Union Jack on them but are made in China) and Sthil chainsaw wellingtons, I have had these for about 10 years just about worn them out so will have to get some new ones ,I have done a lot of walking in them and found them very comfortable. I have had Doc Martens in the past that were not comfortable so I believe you have to go and try them.

Apart from wide feet I, don't laugh I will get offended, suffer from gout in my big toes so the joints are larger than normal and rub on most safety footwear.

AlvyChippy likes this.
  20. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I have to confess that I have stopped wearing safety footwear as a matter of course although I keep two types with me - trainer style and clogs (if I'm in and out a lot). I assess the risk for whatever I'm doing and wear what's appropriate.
    I find Asics running shoes supremely comfortable and importantly, quiet. I noticed that even comfortable safety trainers could be really noisy on some floor types - not very considerate to some of my clients - I'd have to turn the radio up as loud as it would go to drown the noise out......