So how's Brexit going?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Mar 20, 2019.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

March to leave, 50 and diminishing, revoke article 50 petition, 1 000 000+ and rising so fast the website keeps crashing.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It will screw the economy for a generation and that's from the leavers.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm really suprised that the usually vocal leavers are keeping quiet, a couple of months ago they would jump mob handed over something like this and call me a traitor, a member of momentum, a Corbyist, non patriotic, a liar, a racist and all manner of untruths but today, silence...

gpierce and longboat like this.
  4. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

You have to trust in the peeps chips.
    They rarely get these matters wrong.
    As I've said before the government will have some extra dosh to throw about after Brexit so we should all be better off (if only at the beginning) if the extra money is spent well.

5. That means they only need approx another 16.4 million signatures to equal the democratic leave vote, which is being betrayed by the treacherous mp's.

Heat likes this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There will be no extra money and the leave campaign was corrupt, the only reason the result wasn't overturned was because it was only advisory.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You were sold unicorns by snake oil salesmen who can't fulfill their promises.

8. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

It's just shy of £9Billion (our net contribution Chips) and we're not going to pay it to the EU if we're not in it.

Take it from me and trust in the peeps (they won't have got it wrong).

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Does that include the rebate we don't pay and the money we get back?
    What percentage of the population voted out?

10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Although comrade Corby would welcome toddler's and primary school kids being granted the right to vote - as that's his target demographic - thankfully , the majority of grownups believe it to be a terrible idea.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is this relevant?

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yes, kids are included in the population figures.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Of people of voting age what percentage voted leave?

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Over 1.5 million now, how many poor souls are on the March to Leave?

15. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Now that is "irrelevant"!

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Crowsfoot said to trust the people so I was wondering what percentage of people voted leave, I think that's very revelant.

18. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

What’s the point in petitions or polls?
    Sure they only bring out the most eager or desperate or angry people (or a combination) to contribute.
    At present the Remainers still fit the above description more than others.

Also - what would be the point in any petition, given that the EU vote was supposedly advisory, then a petition would be definitely be something irrelevant to be ignored.

Wishful thinking for anyone clinging onto the hope we will remain

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So the referendum was pointless?

20. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

I think Brexit was a con, it’s an American extreme right wing agenda to weaken Europe. Look at who funded Brexit, America.

Anyone who thinks Brexit will give us back our sovereignty will be very disappointed as our new masters across the Atlantic will treat us like a colony.

We were duped to vote out but stopping or over turning the referendum almost impossible. I don’t think the history books will look at this period in a positive light.