What has Brexit taught us?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

What a load of numpties run the country all voted in power by us, unbelievable, I'll never vote again.

gadget man, Heat, longboat and 2 others like this.
  2. I suppose nothing we did not really know,the vast majority of all mps, are liars who cannot be trusted,they are just out to look after themselves, line their own pockets and do not listen to the electorate who pay their wages.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Oh! the Trolls back......and quickly removed.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Vote more and think about your vote more.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I understand you chips but I am totally ashamed of the Government and Parliament.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm ashamed that our country allowed this to happen.

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, I've had the same thought on many occasions over the last couple of years, but, I do believe that Brexit will be delivered... eventually, despite the efforts of the fanatical remainer MP's to overturn the result of the largest democratic participation this nation has witnessed for generations.
    They deride him and mock his character whilst at the same time unwittingly sowing the seeds for the, UK's very own 'Trump spring'.
    The 'Troll' had a point, you will vote again and this cabal of shysters we've got at the moment can't see it coming.

Astramax likes this.
  8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Who are you talking about?

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Be more specific, chip's.

10. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

Speaking as someone who worked in the media all of my working life, in "News" for over 25 years, and specifically at parliament for about 4 years, (over several stints), I can assure you that really is not true of the vast majority...

Yes, there are some who are nasty pieces of work.
    Yes, there are some who are, frankly, not the smartest...

Take any bunch of 650 employees and you will find that is the case.

There are 650 MPs... How many can you name, or do you know? I bet out of the current 650 there are probably 500 that have never been on the national telly who most of us don't know.

I encountered loads of then over the years. I say confidently that the vast majority, of all political shades, red, blue yellow, green or otherwise, are decent, hardworking folk who genuinely want to do public service and give something to society.

That may be an unpopular opinion... But as I said before, that's based on personal experience of encountering them on a regular basis over a long time.

None of that means I agree with what many of them do!

Regards,
    Cando

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Sorry, I was talking about who ever it is you are hero worshiping, the one who's character is being mocked.

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I think it's up to all of us to to actually vote, whatever that vote may be for.

I'm fairly shure i mentioned it in another "brexit thread" but the thing that has taught me most about Brexit is the absolute dire quality of our top civil service. Let's face it, 99% of any negotiations are done by civil servants, not politicians. I put it down to top civil servants over the 40+ years have been so dragged into the EU itself that they are completely unable to just act in the UK's best interest because there entire working life has been intertwined with the EU, because they just don't know how to. Plus of course they have always looked forward to early retirement with a nice fat pension, only then to move onto the EU civil service for a few years with an even bigger pension at the end.

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  13. PC Works

PC Works Member

That it really wasn't a simple yes/no question.

Vixere and Astramax like this.
  14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The civil servants did their best bearing in mind that their political masters were morons.

malkie129 likes this.
  15. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

I think I could name over 150 and probably just identify them from their voices, some of which are very irritating.

malkie129 likes this.
  16. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

The Ukraine are about to elect only one comedian to their Parliament, we have a house full!

"Current leader Petro Poroshenko, 53, is seeking re-election but the surprise front-runner is 41-year-old comedian Volodymyr Zelenskiy. Both, along with former PM Yulia Tymoshenko, 58, have expressed largely pro-EU views during the campaign.1 day ago
    Ukraine election: Comedian is front-runner in first round - BBC News"

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If they were comedians they would be funny more like scary clowns.

18. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

They can be our replacements when we leave!:)

Seriously, letting these eastern European countries in the EU with their low wages and living standards was when it all started to go wrong for the EU.

Baxi Boy and gadget man like this.
  19. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

20. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

The official EU funding list as at 29th March shows we receive only 38p for every £1 we pump into Brussels, Guess who gets the best return on every £1 they put in, it's none other than Luxembourg that gets £34.04p, yes, £34.04 for every £1 paid in. Is it a co-incidence that Luxembourg is J P Junker's territory?

Baxi Boy likes this.