Screwfix petrr

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by DIY womble, Apr 12, 2019.

1. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Hello peter , take this personally if you like but I'm actually here to help

if I can't do a job properly I make the best effort to improve,

If I can't improve I walk

90 % ( being honest) of these times it's not down to my efforts or inability but it's an impossible task set by those who don't give a ****

So after all this time of trying to assist effectively your consumer audience I have drawn to a couple of conclusions

1 you don't give a ****
    2 you need the money
    3 you don't give a ****

You have for whatever reason failed ,

tonight is my last evening , I will miss the regular members for all their faults ,
    ( human nature and I'm just as guilty )
    I have a great fondness and have really enjoyed myself and hope I've helped a few diy along the way
    What a shame you have not sorted the troll situation

I'm leaving in protest at your incapacity
    Although you seem quite capable of warning me the other day for using inappropriate language , * I think to a troll about one o'clock in the morning so this is good bye
    yours sincerely John

PS what a waste

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019
    chippie244, btiw2, Sparkielev and 3 others like this.
  2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Shame. Best of luck to you, John. Cheers for introducing 6-9 on radio 6 Saturday night to me mate, sod the DIY stuff that's the best advice you've ever given. Nice one.

btiw2 and KIAB like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Will be sorry to see you go John,BUT my patience is also wearing thin,as it is most likely for others with these trolls & the lack of action by Pete.
    There was a thread about this a while back,but suggestions like locking old threads as fallen on deaf ears,I have also been warned about inappropriate language to trolls in the past,but some of the filth posted on my profile by some of these trolls,my choice of words could be much stronger in their threads.

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

A shame, however that’s a weak reply to what is a relatively insignificant problem.
    It’s not SF Peters fault. If you want to ‘lock down’the forum and make it high security where everyone loses certain privileges and freedoms, then fair enough.
    How does it impact your life? C’mon man, it’s a diy forum. We all congregate and chip in, discuss, have a bit of banter.
    Is it that bad?

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I was warned also about language, don't think Peter really exists, certainly appear to have lost a few regulars from the forum, used to get a lot of PM's asking for decorating advice but that all stopped when they got locked due to the Troll.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Yes, thankfully people with a more modern hair cut, rather than an antiquated DA.

KIAB and Astramax like this.
  7. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Shame to see any regular member leaving this forum.
    Other forums have had problems with Trolls (some are the same Trolls I am certain), but have managed to deal with their Trolls

8. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Got to agree screwfix Pete is about as reliable as a LAP fitting

Astramax and KIAB like this.
  9. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I know exactly what you mean John and I threw my toys out as well several months ago but ended up coming back for two reasons particularly.

1. I contribute and have helped others with advice and/or problem solving
    2. I learn more than I contribute so it is a net gain for me.

There are issues with the forum, not least the troll(s) and whilst I'm not quite so chilled about it as CGN because I think it highlights wider issues at Screwfix, I have calmed down somewhat.

I also suspect that some of the abuse, threats and obscenities that one of the trolls uses, particularly in profile posts to members, are an offence and I would like Screwfix to involve the police. Maybe they do....

10. jimoz

jimoz Screwfix Select

Strange that this forum seems such a target for trolls and has a lot of in fighting. Other similar forums don't suffer from

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

They have mods,we only basically got one,& he can't be on here 24/7.

And John, take a holiday, have a week or two away from the forum.

12. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

What I find a little strange is why some long standing members come back on with a different username such as DA, Deleted Member, Allsorts Vixere, so I’m assuming perhaps they have had a very lengthy ban or lifetime ban, yet still manage to get back on at will so what’s the point of a ban ?

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Says you :p:p:p

Astramax likes this.
  14. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

On here, members are a bit like politicians, - if you seriously mess up, you get booted out and then can come back later.

Astramax and Dam0n like this.
  15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

As a troll...:eek::rolleyes:

Heat and Astramax like this.
  16. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

What gets me is when you get a ban you cant appeal or contact the mods. The site will not let you in.

They have also taken away the option to private message each other.

They really are slowly killing the forum.

Kind regards

KIAB likes this.
  17. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

And tonight the Troll/Idiot is really ‘ extracting the urine’ out of the forum

A few posts have already been deleted so the lights must be on and someone’s home at SF :) (for a change) :mad:

18. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Yes, I have seen them.

When the trolls kick off its fine they are shut down.

The mods know that the rest of us are pretty good and try to help, but occasionally get drawn. They should give us a chance is what I mean.

Kind regards

Dam0n likes this.
  19. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Don't get this aggro with Trolls on the Toolstation Forum.;)

20. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Who is this Gordon btw? You often mention him?