Scratch removal

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Bela, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Bela

Bela New Member

2. DaveF

DaveF Active Member

There are too many there to do anything without a lot of sanding. Your best best be is to just stain the scratches. The main issue with a scratch is that it's a different colour, and you would maybe be surprised that you don't have to be too close with colour to make things look a lot better. Take two ( looks like teak ) stains that are the right brown, but one is light and the other is dark and mix them in different proportions till you get an approximate match. Try it on a small area until it looks good then rub it in the scratches then remove the excess. It's never going to be perfect, but it will help a lot.

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Needs sanding back.

What on earth caused that?

kitfit1 likes this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Total re-finish or a quick fix would be rub it over with boiled linseed oil (40% thinned down with white spirit), let soak in for a few minutes and then wipe the oil off with a rag and white spirit so it's not slippery.

5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Yep, i'd sand that back as well.

Looks to me as if most of it was caused by stiletto heels..............................OP, get your Mrs to take them off before going upstairs :D

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Could be a rental, hence what sounds like a quick fix jobby!

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Could be a rental, but looks like a nice Art Deco hall to me. Need to correct myself as well, the staircase is going downstairs, not upstairs.

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Well spotted, great looking skirting board as well, graduated in heights, very smart.