Benchmarx kitchen

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by John Marsh, Apr 15, 2019.

1. John Marsh

John Marsh New Member

I wonder if you could help please, I had a benchmarx kitchen fitted 14 mths ago i noticed at the time on one of the 100cm wallcupboards, both doors did not fit correctly.Anyway i thought nothing of it but has time as gone on it has got worse to the point i am are having difficulty adjusting them to close.
    On further investigation i noticed when placing a spirit level on top of unit it has bowed 5 mm (obviously underneath has well), on checking other two units in kitchen they have bowed 2-3mm.the units are hung by brackets on the inside corners but nothing in the middle.
    We have glass splashbacks so there is no support underneath has you would get with tiles but surely the cupboards should not bend.
    Thanks

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

1m wall units irrespective of manufacturer always sag.

kitfit1 and chippie244 like this.
  3. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Yep, they always have done and always will do unless there is a center mounting bracket. Years ago when some manufactures did 1200mm wallcabs, they sagged from the moment you put them up, so always used to put a table stretch plate underneath in the middle.

4. John Marsh

John Marsh New Member

So what are my options now ? Cannot fit anything underneath because of glass, no centre post at back to screw through to give support.
    Cannot believe its common knowledge that wall cupboards sag, has a manufacturer ever fitted a simple cupboard.
    Thanks

5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

The kitchens i fit 99% of the time are Omega, they all have center mounting for double wall cabs. They also cost a lot more than anything Benchmarx sell.
    The reality is i'm afraid, you pay for what you get.
    Even though you have glass underneath, you can still put a table stretcher plate underneath. Just use a 7mm tile cutting bit in a drill to drill through the glass.

6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Are you competent/confident enough to remove the cabinet? If so you could fit a stretcher plate or similar L-shaped bracket in the centre so that the upright part will be behind the cabinet when you rehang it.

7. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I always fit an upside down L bracket under double wall units.

You can screw the base shelf into the back itself from below. 4 evenly spaced decent screws will do the job.

If you have tons of plates etc. In the unit then fit a length of angle iron / box steel above behind the top trim and secure with plenty of screws.