New MUDD Tile Adhesive, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by tileguru, Apr 17, 2019.

1. tileguru

tileguru New Member

Has anyone come across the new MUDD tile adhesive by BAL yet? Seeing mixed reviews online so I'm wondering if anyone on here has used it/heard anything about it!

There's a few different products though not seen many suppliers online yet, here's one of them (found with a quick scan on google) https://tileandbuild.com/collections/fixings-and-sundries/adhesive

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It looks like a range designed for either children or the hard of thinking.

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Oh dear. Who employed the marketing team.

So cool, so rad and hipster friendly...will out sell all the other brands.

Americans use the term ‘mud’, we use ‘adhesive!’

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It wiĺl be the top seller in Hoxton.

KIAB and CGN like this.
  6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

The OP’s first post too. Very considerate to introduce all to the exciting world of Mudd.
    Job done though, I suppose :D

KIAB likes this.
  7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It will be the latest thing for twisty tashed tilers in London Fields. Their rickshaws and handcarts will be laden down with it no doubt

I understand it the hottest topic at the cereal caff this morning.

CGN likes this.
  8. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

WALOB*

*expression commonly used in our house to describe something that appears nonsensical.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  9. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

An acronym possibly?

10. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

The first word is ‘what’. :D

11. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Wonder how the feedback for this hipster tiling range is being viewed.

Plenty of green teas with agave being supped and stylish beards being stroked no doubt.

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Last word baloney? Or ballcocks?

CGN likes this.
  13. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Y along those lines :p. That has all the signs of the output from one of those trendy marketing offices that knows f'all about reality. "grout with clout" wtf :eek::eek:

CGN likes this.
  14. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Who calls a tube of silicone "the finisher"

A numptie behind a stand up desk.

15. tileguru

tileguru New Member

Haha some great responses in here - i'm not too phased by the packaging but I do admit it looks a little like a can of craft beer (or maybe its wishful thinking) either way, everywhere I look people are taken back by it's design, is that a good or a bad thing?

Has anyone actually used the product yet :confused:?

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Haven't used it,unlikely I ever will, but the packaging doesn't inspire confidence in the products.

17. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

They may be taken back by the design, but depends if they’re giving you genuine honest feedback and you’ve had honest responses from here.

It comes across as a quirky DIY product to me, and if that’s your market, then fair enough. Not to say the product isn’t any good, but I wouldn’t buy it.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  18. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

If you are marketing, pr, product development etc just be upfront and say it. Then you will get constructive feedback.

19. tileguru

tileguru New Member

oh no I'm not! Im genuinely just interested because all I have seen online is people talking about the packaging, I'm yet to find anyone who's used it, it's just interesting to see how powerful packaging seems to be, even with very specific products!

20. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

To quote an old saying "all fur coat and no knickers". It's BAL so I'm sure the product is good (prob the same as the usual trade stuff). I can see where they are coming from - difficult to make exciting products like tile cement and grout stand out from the competition. They may well make an impression on the DIY market, but I think trade will shy away from asking for a few bags of "The Leveller" and some "grout with clout" at the trade counter........