Forum Support PMs

Discussion in 'Support' started by WillyEckerslike, May 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Report and then ignore the troll in all his forms.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

As an earned privilege gesture!;)

3. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

There we are then. The lack of response from SF tells you they don't give a stuff about what the forum members want or think.

I have reported many posts to alert them when trolls are around, as I suspect have most of you have.

Won't report any more. I will return their response.

KIAB and WillyEckerslike like this.
  4. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

I have responded and advised there are no plans to restore PM-s as this was abused by both established members as well as others

5. Bazza-spark

Thank you, but there was no response to the suggestions put forward by myself and other members.

Sorry @screwfix.peter but I believe his really does show what you think of the forum members. and what they would like.

I have admitted I was guilty, but provoked by those who are no longer members. If you remember, at the time, I also stated to you that I would not take abuse from other members without responding.

Those who provoked us have now gone, we have learned our lessons.

At the end of the day, it is your choice as a moderator, but don't be surprised when your forum starts to fail.

I do not say this to antagonize, but to ask you to consider members requests.

kind regards

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    longboat and KIAB like this.
  6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

KIAB for honorary moderator.

He'd be the obvious impartial candidate to weed out the many trolling episodes that regularly happen on here.
    No powers to ban people or anything, just a simple referral to SFP for final arbitrary consideration.

KIAB likes this.
  7. Bazza-spark

We all have limited moderator powers by clicking on the report tab.

Kind regards

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Very true. There are times when the judge is absent from the forum though and maybe a sheriff (or two) with limited powers would come in handy.

WillyEckerslike, KIAB, Heat and 2 others like this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I've got little list of trolls & forum members that won't be missed...
    He's got them on the list
    He's got them on the list
    And then none of them be missed
    And none of them be missed:)

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. Any Moderator on the forum needs to be impartial and not a forum member.The little ditty posted by kiab in post 30 shows that he would not be impartial,hence the need for someone independant of the forum.
    A forum member is a bad idea and would cause bad feelings.

12. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Being a dog, i could be impartial!

13. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

And neutered. Be careful what you wish for ...

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't worry Dobs your not on my little list...[​IMG]

15. I am not bothered whether I am on your list or not,the point that I am trying to make is that full impartiality is required.
    No disrespect to you but I do not think that any member would be 100% impartial,you have some people on your list that you obviously would discriminate against if a moderator.

16. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I agree with Deleted member 11267 that it would have to be a non member, ultimately accountable to the Screwfix directors for any decisions they make. That said, there doesn't seem to be any willingness on the part of Screwfix to address this frustrating issue.

Fair enough it's their forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.