Hands up if you have voted?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by goldenboy, May 23, 2019.

1. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

No at all. I voted with a fully informed mind. Unlike many of the younger remain side I have experienced living under what was formerly a common market, but which has now turned into a political ideology and I don't want any part of it.

The thing with remainers is that they act solely on their emotions rather than a rational reasoned argument. That puts them at a disadvantage straight away. You need to have lived through the period since we joined to be able to understand the stance I now take. Sadly too many of you have not.
    It's a bit like ANTIFA being seemingly unable to condemn Labour Party antisemitism - you would have to have been a Jew living in 1930's Europe before you could actually understand what the threat was. Sadly, the likes of ANTIFA cannot see what is reflected back at them through the mirror - they fail to see that their actions are effectively reflecting those of the Hitler Youth in the ways they constrict political discourse through violence. It's the same in the USA. American universities, along with our own, are now becoming echo chambers where everyone retreats to their silos least they risk being exposed to new ideas which challenge them.

Our once-great institutions of learning have become a laughing stock.
    When a BAME student funded by a Rhodes scholarship calls for Rhodes statue to be pulled down, you know the whole plot has turned to rat poo.

longboat likes this.
  2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Well said.

3. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

I do my best!

longboat likes this.
  4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

37 posts in nine years..?
    You must be an early prototype..
    ;).
    :D

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Pointless vote. Didnt bother.

6. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Point missed.

You seem to think that because you are on the "winning" side it means each individual "winner" gets to decide what the actual victory consists of.

Thats not how it works.

So much anger from Leavers who are raging that the "their Brexit" they voted for isnt being delivered.

As I say what you voted for and the reasons for it are meaningless.

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Trevor talking to Trevor?

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Another cut and paste, very sheep like behaviour.
    Who radicalised you?
    There are programs to bring you back

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I expected nothing more from you.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It is isnt it.

Same old regurgitated Breitbart themed "intelligent conversation"

chippie244 likes this.
  11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think it's called a sleeper.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Another member of the circle jerkers.

13. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

If you believe as you said, that the act of voting is meaningless, then you most likely do not believe in the democratic process - ergo you must be wishing for a dictatorship instead, which is what the eu effectively is.
    I think I can see a pattern emerging here.

Baxi Boy likes this.
  14. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Can you point to where I have said voting is pointless?

I havent.

Again you dont seem able to read, understand and absorb what others say and instead rail against fictitious slights.

What I actually said is that the collective wailing and bleating from those who are livid that their own reasons for voting arent being addressed post vote shows a complete lack of understanding of how voting works.

Post vote what your personal reasons for voting mean nothing. Its not like they are going to pop round your gaff and check you are ok with it all. That seemingly is the hand holding, nappy changing care that many of the professionally offended Leave voters believe they are entitled to by dint of a cross in a box.

Perhaps instead of trying (and failing) to look clever on here you would be better actually trying to read and comprehend what others say.

15. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

In response, I would respectfully suggest that you do the same, for it is there for all to read.

16. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

With the greatest of respect, I read and understood your contributions.

Do the same.

17. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

I cannot make it plainer than that.
    Now, every vote is meaningful, every vote does have an effect, every vote is far from meaningless. Many former members of my family who currently reside in cemeteries across Normandy would vigorously disagree with your assertion.

18. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

They would be ashamed of you invoking their sacrifice and service as a vehicle for arguing on a forum.

You are a coward doing that. An utter coward.

I am simply pointing out that post vote your reasons for voting mean nothing. Your vote is the influence that you have. Post vote you get no extra influence as a result of your "winning" vote.

19. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Even the cut and paste doesnt support your fraudulent offence.

Do you genuinely have some kind of problem with reading.

You seem to be seeing things that arent there.

20. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

Where is the cut and paste?
    Did you? Or did you not post that my vote was meaningless?
    For the purpose of absolute clarity, nowhere did you state that you meant post-vote in your initial response.
    I see now that you have reposted to include the term 'post-vote'.
    I must say that I find your stance somewhat confusing, do you?