Hands up if you have voted?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by goldenboy, May 23, 2019.

1. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

It would appear then, that not voting for him has only served to feed your obsession with him.
    Perhaps you would have been better off to have voted for him in order to alleviate the stress you are obviously under.
    Maybe it might have served to ameliorate your obsession.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

No stress, no obsession, I just think he's a charlatan and you seem to think he's the next Messiah.

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

46% turnout here.. That's higher than I though it would be

4. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

I have removed three threads about Brexit as they turned a series of bickering replies.

If this continues further action will be taken to stop this

Wayners and chippie244 like this.
  5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Again point completely missed.

Why do you think I gave such a detailed description of the person you describe as your perfect fella?

Give you a clue, you have been raging against him all day.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Farage, a Poundland Oswald Moseley but the easily led follow him like the Pied Piper of Hatred.

7. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

Who really cares so long as he delivers Brexit? I certainly don't.
    In fact it could anyone, so long as they give us a completely clean break.
    And that is the point you are deliberately missing.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So you would vote for anyone, no matter what their views on any other matters as long as you got your brexit?
    You are a fool and a danger to this county.
    What you call patriotism is selfishness.

9. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Yes I voted, could not bring myself to support Farage, nasty oily self serving type. But I do think we should leave.

chippie244 likes this.
  10. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

The penny finally drops.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Sorry it took so long, I didn't think anybody would be so stupid and self serving as to vote for that odious creature just because he promised you a unicorn.

Mussolini made the trains run on time you know.

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Idi Amin put on great boxing nights too.

13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I think we have reached a significant point.

Couple of Brexiteers saying that they would vote for absolutely anyone who promises to deliver Brexit.

They are happy for say Ian Huntley to be PM with Rose West as his deputy if they promise to deliver it.

Kind of shows you precisely how obsessed and selfish they are.

chippie244 likes this.
  14. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

For the EU elections vote, - it would be fine to vote for anyone as a protest vote.
    Reason I say this is we will still have all party members elected there and EU will still remain unchanging.
    Also a Brexit would obviously mean the MEPs will be out of a job.
    Westminster election different.
    Voting for lying, useless people as a protest is one thing, but voting for murderers is evil.

15. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Well if you are in hospital about to go under a life changing operation so you can walk again and the only surgeon in the Country qualified to perform that operation walks in with a VOTE TOMMY badge on, would you cancel the operation and spend your life in a wheelchair or think that his political views on other things don't come into what he is about to do today.

At the moment, Nigel Farage has one job to do and that is get us out of the EU and he is doing it very very well it matters not what hen thinks about other things at this moment in time. I wouldn't even mind but Farage has even had a chance to try his other ideas to the Country yet and people are already condemning him, where as just about every other prime minister like Blair, Cameron, Brown, May etc. have said they will do one thing and all done a bare face about turn and basically laughed in the faces of the people who voted for them.

Heat likes this.
  16. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

It's a waste of time discussing it really. The EU has a problem in respect to it's members because it's not unusual for some proportion of the various populations to want to be out. Politicians are unlikely to go into great detail about why being in is a good idea as some of it would mean that people would want them to do something about a number of factors and they can't. They all relate to how the west is run and have become a fact of life. It's clear from various comments on here that a number of people just haven't got the vaguest notion about this or even how the EU is run.

The other aspect is the media. News needs to be bad news - relates to an old saying the good men do is buried with their bones the evil lives after. In short people will never hear anything about the EU and many other things unless some one moans about it or it's just plain bad news. I remember some one moaning on the news about a manufacturing specification update - well that is what these things do. They have to be met if items are being sold and are set and agreed by the people who actually make them.

One disturbing thing about Brexit is another bloke behind it. Starts a business that's sole reason for being there is to manipulate a populations feelings according to what who ever pays them wants. A lot of this goes on anyway but this latest one should be a cause for concern as this particular bloke does have some rather strange aims. Blaming Russia for the same sort of thing is popular of late. Seems it's fine for some outfit in N, America to do the same.

Then comes the latest form of soap boxes. Youtube and etc and finding ways of getting into the news. Unlike the earlier soap boxes that preached all sorts the latest ones get into every bodies homes.

John
    -

17. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

To paraphrase then.

You would vote Ian Huntley in if he was promising Brexit.

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Farage isn't a doctor though is he, he's a politician.
    I don't care about the political views of doctors just politicians.

19. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

You know what? If the eu gave up it's political aspirations and reverted back to just being a common market, I would vote to stay in. Sadly, the eu has demonstrated time and time again that it is incapable of any kind of meaningful reform. Simple trading & commerce is not, and never will be enough. Germany will see to that because it cannot afford it to be otherwise.
    The Germans export pretty much everything they make, their market for domestic consumption of their own goods is minuscule in comparison, and whilst they are the strongest exporting country in the bloc they will never give up the euro. Political unity will mean fiscal unity which means one president, one chancellor for the whole of Europe and guess who they will be.

Best way forward now is a complete clean Brexit as voted for. No more stalling, no more paralysis by analysis, A clean Leave, take stock, and move on. This would stop the childish bickering and those divisive wounds would finally begin to heal.
    To prolong this nonsense any further is akin to refusing to take your aged and long suffering pet for that last heartbreaking visit to the vets.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    longboat likes this.
  20. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

If you say so.

longboat likes this.