Hands up if you have voted?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by goldenboy, May 23, 2019.

1. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

So you are asking, would I vote for Nige if he shagged his sons girlfriend, yes I would. Would I vote for him if he stole someones bike ****** up and rode home, again yes I would. Would I vote for him if he kidnapped my kids, raped them then chopped them up into little pieces, no probably not.

2. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

:) I'll have word with him for you - he might oblige. Bit late though as you have voted for him,

John
    -

3. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Hi Bollerks, That about sums up my previous posts on the EU and leaving. Of course I agree, out now clean up later when the warring factions in the House have nothing to argue over.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You do all realise that MEP' s have absolutely nothing to do with Brexit?

5. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

Maybe Bolerks is correct but the talk of common fiscal policies isn't just due to Germany. The worrying aspect about it actually is changing a VOTE on that to a majority decision and no veto. :) They'd have to have a vote on that too, removing the veto option when there may already be a veto that could stop that vote anyway. Really all that is going on in that area is talk about it. It wouldn't surprise me if that was down to Greece. Things like VAT are more or less standardised anyway as far as I am aware. The UK complicates things anyway due to NHI etc. It can't have common tax rules compared with others. Sweden is another one. There will be others.

Lots of what is said for Brexit are really project fear the other way round. Remember the millions of Turks that were coming. I can't see why some things like an EU army should worry people so that isn't mentioned, it is talked about. That would bug the USA and probably Russia no end. Things like EuroFighter and Airbus already have. The UK France Concord did as well as far as the USA was concerned - can't have that it's not American. Having heard it at close range the noise aspect they used is rubbish.

The bad thing really is the state of the UK economy. The reasons for that are nothing what so ever to do with the EU. I have always worked for larger companies and know exactly why they aren't around any more. Reasons do vary. :) Actually always worked for the same one after a fashion but have been sold several times along with company name changes. The first few changes were different branches of the same company. Then came the name changes where I was sold. The last factory I worked in was demolished a couple of years ago and replaced with a massive frozen food warehouse. The work left the country and the people were left behind. I don't think any of the plants I worked in remain. Two sites are now owned by a USA company. There were 2 aerospace sites that may still be around but owned by the same company. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them has gone. One in particular. Also one of the others.

John
    -

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The EEC has morphed into the most bizarre example of a 'trading block' the world has ever seen.
    I wouldn't be objecting in the slightest to a common set of trade agreements based on mutual standards of production and the protectionist policies to prop the whole thing up.

Why this fairly simple arrangement required its own (national) flag, currency, anthem, parliament and heads of beurocratic 'state' is beyond me.
    Still, we wouldn't be in this situation if past, UK governments had refused to accept it, but here we are, subservient, because of past mistakes.

There's only one way the EU is heading, and that is further integration, more, EU.

We must quench this disastrous ideology once and for all, and im proud that the British pioneers are yet again leading the way.

Diyloser likes this.
  7. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Chippie244 liked this. Is that irony in it's greatest form, after all he is the instigator of such bickering.

longboat likes this.
  8. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

I think you'll find it was down to one in particular that Brexit actually happened.

9. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Ajohn. The state of the UK economy. ?

One of the strongest in the EU and growing while the EU itself is flatlining.

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You're back.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

12. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Not sure of your meaning in posting this,? but it smacks of contridicion.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It smacks of what?

Diyloser likes this.
  14. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

:) contradiction.

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There's none.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Of course he liked it.
    If I'd of said the same things he had, then i would also welcome a permanent ommission, 'of reference' from the forum archives.
    He, most likely instigated their removal through a constant barrage of 'complaints' that would thus remove his pitiful replies when he realise he had no reasonable argument to put forward.

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Right.

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is that suppossed to be a "triggering"?

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If you want someone who complains then go to jj.