Opinion of plastering job, please

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Kamilla Gallai-Dinc, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The Stalkers back!

2. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Pray please tell, who's the stalker.??

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The goldenboy follower.

4. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Its more a case of him cropping up like a bad penny on different thread, but always with the same trouble making attitude.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Post a few photo's of your work I bet the finish is nowhere near that achieved by goldenboys.

goldenboy likes this.
  6. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

It wouldn't be my work, thoses days are long gone, i make sure others do it right now.
    As for goldenboy, do you know him personlly then or just through here.
    After all pics on here that clearly showed work that was so sub-standard that it should be comdemed, seemed to be passed by you and others, goldenboy included.

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Try looking harder then. Nearly 5k posts on here.

I think I was the first on here to bring up foaming skirtings on, that seems to have gone down well. Plus many other things

I know technical stuff will be awkward for you to grasp so I will break it down for you.

Thats using expanding foam to bond skirting boards (trims at floor level between floor and finished walls to provide decorative and protective benefits) to the wall using an applicator gun.

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Surely if you are this legend you should have no shortage of examples of your award winning work.

You have been asked repeatedly to state what your trade/trades are/were.

You refuse. Pretty sure any member on here without an agenda will agree thats a big sign of it all being talk.

Astramax likes this.
  9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Nope mate, its just the self regulating nature of being a trade.

Can spot a (using military terminology) Walt a mile off.

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

All talk and no action or more like can talk a good job! :rolleyes:

11. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

He has got a shrine to me no doubt. Long lens shots, magazine cuttings etc.

Astramax likes this.
  12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Its all falling apart a bit really.

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Sounding more like a Stalker with every post. :eek:

14. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

First a request to our favourite moderator pretty please do not bin this thread or any of the protagonists, first took a look at it in the pub last night well I tell ya I laughed so much I nearly got a round in, unfortunately not had time to get past page 4 yet so will try and catch up later today

Anyway Loser good on yer, you are a very new member and you’ve gone for the jugular, you have ruffled a good few feathers with what is in my opinion a very reasonable description of a poor job, now as you are very new some of the old timers on here have taken exception to your good self, ( they seem to prefer it if you serve you time on here deferring to them for a few years) as you have seen one or two have night tremors about a perceived troll stalking their every waking hour, but please take it steady as some of these regulars try to push you over the line and then a ban would ensue, and I for one would like to see more of your comments on various threads :)

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Birds of a feather flock together.

No real surprise that you would line up with Trevor and this Loser.

16. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Never a truer word.
    As said above it seem i need a few years under my belt to be able to offer an opinion, even though the one offered was better than any other offer by the do called experts. !!!

17. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Thank you my friend.

18. Broon

Broon Active Member

I have no idea why there is an argument on here both parties have said the job is below par the only difference is one is going on like its not fixable and world ending the other is being in my opinion reasonable and saying that it needs sorted and I'm sure they have even given the areas.

I'm not a trade but work for a company that supply and fix tools and and if we sent back a tool and the customer had an issue. We would expect the customer to phone us up and give us a chance to correct the problem. I'm pretty sure that most tradesmen would expect the same.

So to the OP if you are still following this or maybe sorted it out from the plasterers forum or another forum where the members haven't had a pointless argument.

I would say you call the trades person who did it and tell them your not happy and say what your not happy about and get them to sort it. If they still don't do it right then I would ask for money back (if you have paid them) and look else where.

Kamilla Gallai-Dinc likes this.
  19. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

There is more going on here than just a difference of opinion on standard.

Personally I feel its a bit of watershed on here.

Loser is clearly out to have a pop at any and all members of the forum.

Trevor and now Dinky have clearly decided to chuck their lot fully behind him. Thats despit him attacking Astra etc.

There has always been those on here who attack me and Chip on a grudge or political basis.

But this chap is attacking all and sundry apart it seems from Trevor and his chums.

Essentially a troll. And the fact Trevor and Dinky are praising him as a hero speaks volumes for what their prime reason for being on here.

20. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

You have to have some credibility.