Opinion of plastering job, please

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Kamilla Gallai-Dinc, Jun 9, 2019.

1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

It's 'advice' which is a noun, not 'advise' which is a verb. That's okay. It's not quite right but it's acceptable and the world isn't going to stop because you made a mistake. It's correctable.
    Following your logic though, you need to retake English as a subject because nothing else will suffice. It cannot be put right and you must start again. Fair enough.
    With regard to the plastering, it is clearly a poor job but as has been pointed out, it can be tidied up which might be the most expedient solution. No-one has suggested it's good, but you seem to have taken offence that there isn't a national outcry and a #hackitoff campaign in full swing.
    Relax.
    Have a caramel bar.

Astramax, goldenboy and Diyloser like this.
  2. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

What a load of rubbish, i haven't attacked anybody Astra included, retaliated maybe.
    I think the reason that some have sided?? Is that they see the job for what it is, where as others seem to think its ok to have to patch it up?.
    Strange. !!

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Tiresome.

Everyone says the job is poor.

4. mcooper2406

mcooper2406 Active Member

I don't want to seem like I'm just jumping in but can we all acknowledge that we are now on page 10 of this thread and the OP has not responded once and her question was effectively answered within the first 10 posts.

In terms of the arguments its pedantic and boring. There is no way, on an internet forum, you are going to change the mind of several professionals no matter how many times you repeat what you think the quality of the plastering is. Just say your piece and leave it.

The problem is that the poster may never come back again now, and there is a real risk that these new people questioning and baiting the long serving lads on here will force them away too. No new posters and no old ones means the forum dies. I for one think that would be pretty tragic.

(not least of all as I have almost completed a full out house conversion using almost exclusively advice from here and am currently on target to save about £4000 on the cheapest quote from builders!!!)

5. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Agreed.

6. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

:D:D

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

If you genuinely agree with this then perhaps act upon it.

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

This is an excellent breakdown of whats going on here.

There is a core of people on here who offer good advice. No-one is perfect and everyone on here has said something they probably wouldnt have with hindsight in their time on here.

Whats got to be made clear is that when someone comes on with the express intention of agitating and baiting people firstly its pathetic and secondly established members whooping and cheering and patting said troll on the back is even more pathetic.

Astramax likes this.
  9. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Usually the late night posting after a few pops.........:eek::p

10. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Will be interesting to see who’s gonna have the last word on this thread ........ keep tuned in, I can see this going another few pages at least :eek:

It’s a real school playground ‘sausage fest’ ;)

Time to move on.............
    Next topic please :)

11. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

What kind of school did you go to?

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Says the bloke who joined the forum one minute ago and immediately posted on this topic without even browsing the forum.

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Was a good one as it had embossed in stone over the entrance in large letters 'APPROVED' .:D

Jord86 likes this.
  14. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Comprehensive boys school, not good or bad, just ok, did the job I spose o_O

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Funny that.

16. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

It's the resident Troll GB:rolleyes:

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You never are.

18. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Evening Trev.

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

And with that the stalker rang...

20. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

So you have been reading the thread and decide to jump right in on this topic with the same confusion exactly what peoples opinions are on the quality of the work as Trevor and Loser. What a coincidence.