Aeg Lifetime Service Agreement

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by david radley, Jun 3, 2019.

1. david radley

david radley Member

Just an update.....TTI have agreed to replace the drill with a new equivalent which is the AEG BS14G2 and most importantly honour the Lifetime Service Agreement on this new drill, so I will continue to receive free batteries and service for life.
    This means that the LSA must apply to my life not the tool.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

That's a good result. The Milwaukee was probably the better drill but it would have a finite life whereas this will last for ever (in one form or another). Nice one.

david radley likes this.
  3. Dan1502

Dan1502 New Member

Would you mind letting me know who you contacted to get this result please? I'm in the same situation and it may save me some time.

4. david radley

david radley Member

Hi mate,

Details are on the 2 attached screen shots. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Dave

5. Dan1502

Dan1502 New Member

Thanks, that's very helpful.

6. Dan1502

Dan1502 New Member

They've said the Lithium batteries will work so they said they will send me a lithium battery and new charger.

david radley likes this.
  7. will D

will D New Member

Just joined to say thank you to the OP.
    TTI had refused to honour my AEG lifetime guarantee, after reading this thread i contacted them again, it was VERY difficult getting them to honour the warranty but i persisted and eventually i got 2 new machines as replacements but only a three year warranty on them.
    Lost the lifetime warranty but 2 new machines are better than nothing.
    I know TTI have some quality brands but based on their customer service i will try to avoid them in the future.
    Anyway once again thanks to the OP.

david radley likes this.
  8. david radley

david radley Member

No worries. Glad you have 2 new tools but you should have persisted with the transferable warranty. They even engraved my original tool serial number onto my new tool.

Abbadon2001 likes this.