Well that's embarrassing.....

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, Jun 10, 2019.

1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Lady comes on here asking about her plastering and we argue like we're electricians.

The thread has been deleted and we can't even reply or apologise to her. Shame! I doubt we'll see her again.

Muzungu, KIAB, kitfit1 and 1 other person like this.
  2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Missed the thread Willy, but your right. Should have just deleted the offending posts and left the thread.

KIAB and WillyEckerslike like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Also miss the thread, yet again it's shows the heavy handed approach by the mod (he/she), typical overeaction again,surely he/she could have just deleted the offending post(s).

4. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

This morning a complaint I made was not "upheld". I would explain but I know I will only be making a rod for my own back.

It seems to me the mods here take such little pleasure in running this forum that they view it as a liability and not an asset. A great shame IMO.

goldenboy and KIAB like this.
  5. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

There were so many it would have taken weeks to do it! ABout 10 pages i think!
    Cando

6. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

One of the big problems is that there seems to be little in the way of preventing problems more just dealing with them as they happen.

Its blindingly obvious that there are people on here who get a huge kick out of causing problems.

Its been going on for years now. Either under existing usernames or sudden new joiners who align immediately with those causing problems or goad other members.

Its like groundhog day.

Muzungu and Coloumb like this.
  7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Didn't Groundhog day keep on going on and on until the main character changes his behaviour ........... sigh

goldenboy likes this.
  8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Its crystal clear something is going on.

It feels very much like a co-ordinated campaign to cause problems.

And whenever anyone puts their head up and expresses a view on it they are shouted down as "paranoid" or "delusional" or "mentally ill".

And those doing the shouting down are the very people aligned both view wise and target wise with the "random" trolls.

It is utterly ruining the forum and discouraging fresh contributors.

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

What also is clear is that the "trolls" and the regular members who cheers them on both concentrate their efforts and go out of their way to target Chip and myself.

One member in particular has made it his mission to follow me around on here causing problems. He also does exactly the same to Chip. These attacks again and again are in tandem with immediately confrontational "new joiners" or "random trolls"

Judging by the stalker like behaviour in public view on here I have no reason to disbelieve Chip when he says more is going on off forum. Particularly when the immediate response from the member in question is to accuse him of mental illness.

10. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

yawn, fake news, there were no trolls involved in that thread only long standing members who take themselves too seriously, I did make a request to the moderator not to delete, normally you have to pay for such comedy gold, now we have someone trying to make an issue where there is no issue, certain members/member must have the last word no matter how ridiculous they look, and I for one don’t fall for this chips stalker thing, fake news

longboat likes this.
  11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have one as well. Which when he posts against me, gets it completely wrong.

I have mentioned it many times, the Forum must have been set up many years ago to promote the Screwfix brand by allowing customers (both public and trade) to get help and advice. Nothing else.

So I can't see what people get out of being hypercritical, pedantic on posts especially about English or the minutiae of rules or regulations to boost their own ego and not to the benefit of the original poster.

There have been quite a few later posters over the last few months looking for assistance with their projects - which is a great sign. However, many of these have received profound abuse from certain "regulars" and of course our frequent "trolls". It is highly unlikely these ladies will return to the forum and probably see SF tainted by these actions.

longboat, goldenboy and dinkydo like this.
  12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

This contribution speaks for itself.

13. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

willy I'm sure the op gleaned enough info early on (before it descended into a weeing contest) to satisfy the question, but apart from the comedy I agree a poor show from the regulars, who by the way as per form will accept no responsibility

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  14. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

You were a much more likeable entity when you were posting as Facilities. You now only seem to contribute snide facetious comments or thinly veiled sideswipes at people on here with a differing viewpoint to yourself. Big shame.

goldenboy likes this.
  15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have said everything I am going to say on this.

I am not going to get drawn into yet another pointless row.

Dinkydo's contribution speaks for itself.

16. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I do accept some responsibility as I was drawn into the exchange - albeit on page 10 and in an attempt to reconcile the differing opinions. Prompted by SFP's post about bickering, I was in the throes of posting an apology to the OP (on behalf of us all) when her thread got pulled - no pun intended.

Whilst the insults and replies that get traded between some of our regulars are not unusual, they still show a disappointing lack of respect and we really must raise our game for new members in my opinion.

dinkydo likes this.
  17. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I did apologise to Screwfix Peter, however aside from the so called bickering the plastering was not beyond being made good speaking as a decorator, as a paying customer a superior job should have been delivered making any remedial work unnecessary .

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    longboat, dinkydo and WillyEckerslike like this.
  18. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

There was a thread recently that I responded to.
    I couldn’t see the point of the thread at all.
    Probably the one, you’re talking about.

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Screenshot_20190611-202644.png Screenshot_20190611-202630.png Screenshot_20190611-202613.png

Yes I made all this up.

Some body needs a new hobby.

Jord86 and goldenboy like this.
  20. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

chippie244 likes this.