Power tools 10v - 12v

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by sospan, Jun 11, 2019.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The smaller powered battery tools are looking very good value for money at the moment considering their price and performance. I have two sets of Bosch drill / impact gun which is very good but only get to use the occasionally because my kids grabbed them. The Bosch is a bit small for my hands but still useful for awkward places and gives a bit more control on things like small hinge screws.

The offer I got through on email earlier was a bit of an eye opener with the drill also having a hammer setting.
    upload_2019-6-11_18-0-48.png

This one came through as well

upload_2019-6-11_18-4-23.png

KIAB likes this.
  2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I have seen and tried one of the small Bosch - part of a much larger kit with extra accessories. Definitely worh considering.

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have a few of the Dewalt 10.8v. Torch, drill, impact, screwdriver, recip, usb and laser level. Great compact stuff. Use it a lot day to day. Especially the 610 screwdriver which is superb.

Originally bought it for my kids to use!

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got a Bosch 10.8v combi drill,superb kit, like the option you can use 12v batteries as well.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Thanks, didn't realise that - although little chance of being me the ones I got :)

KIAB likes this.
  6. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

I have the Bosch drill, used it today funnily enough to hang doors, superb tool. Light as a feather, plenty of power and torque, money wise an absolute bargain. 10/10.

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Bosch 10.8v here, pretty much the drill I use the most apart from the Bosch 24v SDS.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I don't know about the Bosch but the Makita is the old model, they have a different battery now but the old ones were good apart from the hammer action as it wouldn't even go into soft brick.

10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Shame because it is rare to find a hammer action on a drill that small - perhaps that's why

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member