Junction box for 24v 5 wire LEDs

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Hans_25, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

How does this comply with Mr P's edict of not using standard coloured mains cable for ELV purpose? The 7 core has black, brown, grey, blue, yellow etc which are all used in mains cables and this cable is intended for mains voltage purpose? I will also need a 3 core cable and the 3183Y is coloured blue/brown.

2. You can sleeve the wires at the terminations to whatever the required colours are.

3. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

A while ago I found some things that Farnell were cheapish on and placed an order just above the £20+VAT level to get free carriage. They sent the order in 4 separate UPS deliveries from around Europe, and when one item was received damaged they sent a replacement in a 5th UPS delivery.

4. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Not quite an edict but strong advice! yes you can sleeve, however, I dislike using standard "mains colours" for anything except 230v. And definitely would never you Gn/Y even when sleeved for anything except earth.

Hans_25 likes this.