New MS Flight Simulator coming

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by KIAB, Jun 14, 2019.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

So won't be spending so much time on the forum ?

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Ain't getting rid of me that easily...:)

4. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Heard on the news the other day, X box & others will be extinct next year.

5. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Back in the 60s, I worked installing flight simulators :)

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

My son has just started his degree placement at one of the aircraft manufacturers. He has joined the team looking after the IT equipment behind flight crew training. Whilst he said the flight simulators were impressive he was more surprised at the stock of iPad Pro's still in their boxes, sat on the shelf not being used - £220,000 worth. Small beer for the manufacturers though

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Wow, that demo looks really good. As MS is using Azure (AMD Epyc/Rome), it's a fair assumption the new flight sim will be coded to use as many cores as a cpu has available. A 16 core 32 thread AMD 3950x will eat a sim like that for breakfast :D

KIAB likes this.
  8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Did consider the 3950X, but considered it overkill for my needs,would have been happy with a 12 core, but this flight sim has changed things.

Just ordered 32Gb of DDR4 4000mhz memory, thinking I might need to add another 32Gb of DDR4 4000mhz memory to my new build now.:)

9. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Not a good move to be honest KIAB. For a start ram prices are still falling, but we don't have any reviews yet for Zen2 let alone any reviews of how ram performs.

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I was in no rush to extra memory,but the 32Mb kit has already been snaffled by my nephew for his X470 system, so I might have no choice come July,by I will wait for the reviews to appear,before deciding my next move.:(

Been watching memory prices closely,fluctuating quite a bit last few weeks,but if Zen 2 is as good as I think it will be, expect to see a rush to buy more of it & faster memory, we will see a flood of lower speed memory on Ebay I think.

11. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Luckily for me, my 4x8Gb sticks of B-die already run at 3533 Cas14 anyway. They should easily do 3600 Cas14 on Zen2 and i fully expect them to do 4000................at what Cas is anyone's guess but hopefully Cas18 i think.

KIAB likes this.
  12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:):)

Should be easy to hit 4000,might not even need any extra volts to get there.:)

13. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

XMP for these B-die is 3200 Cas14, so i certainly don't expect them to hit 4000 Cas14 lol...................but defo expect 4000 Cas18 and maybe even more. Already at 1.44v for 3533 Cas14, i can't see them needing any more than 1.45v for 4000+ Cas18

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Using this at present, & it has Low CAS latencies of 14-14-14-31 & up to 4500 MHz guaranteed memory clocks,we will see.:rolleyes:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

15. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

KIAB likes this.
  16. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

This is what i get now:

[​IMG]

So expecting much much better with a 3950x.........................this by the way is much more than most peeps get now anyway, you either know how to clock ram or you don't.

KIAB likes this.
  17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Excellent for a X370 board!:eek:

18. Not-a-Decor8r

Not-a-Decor8r Member

WOW....hoping I've cleared the new kitchen debt so I can buy a stonk box to play this bad boy!

19. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

This is all "white mans magic" to me. I did the mechanical side of things. Each one had a room full of computer racks, but apparently they had less power than a basic playstation,.......but you could feel the bumps as you taxied! :D

20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member