Can I safely paint my night storage heater?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by coachzoelewis, Jul 11, 2019.

1. coachzoelewis

coachzoelewis New Member

:):D:p
    Id like to paint my night storage heater. There is a Blackfriars quick drying radiator paint & ive asked them if it’s suitable. Their response is that it’s suitable for up to 150•C but I don’t know how hot the case gets at max temperature. I have been on Google but I’m struggling to find an answer.
    Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.
    :):D:p
    Zoé

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Under 100c... If you put pan of water on it won't boil.. Not that I tried but it won't.. I'd guess 80c ish tops

3. coachzoelewis

coachzoelewis New Member

:D
    Thank you, I did wonder how to test the temperature- especially in this summer weather!
    I’ll see if I can boil an egg :D

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Spray it with aerosol car body paint.

5. Martyn21uk

Martyn21uk Member

If your radiator gets over 150C, the paint on it will be the least of your problems.

blarblarblarblar and DIYperson like this.
  6. blarblarblarblar

blarblarblarblar Active Member

Can I safely paint my night storage heater?

Depends, are you going to be working from ladders, if so, then make sure you have 3 points Of contact with the ladder, that should be pretty safe.

You’re welcome coach......

7. coachzoelewis

coachzoelewis New Member

Thank you for the suggestion...unfortunately it’s in the room I’ve “finished” decorating but decided the storage heater looks hideous. I think I’ll risk too much damage spray painting! I do appreciate all your support. Thank you!

8. coachzoelewis

coachzoelewis New Member

Thank you *i’m not very clever on the ‘obvious’ here! :D

9. coachzoelewis

coachzoelewis New Member

No, it’s floor level...good point to consider though.
    I’m a leadership coach - although if this goes well I might become a DIY coach :D:p ...but seriously...only kidding o_O:rolleyes:

10. coachzoelewis

coachzoelewis New Member

By the way - thank you all sooo much - this forum is lovely and welcoming *kudos* to you lovely people :):D